Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayfaring Stranger 1st attempt
JUst had a go at this after watching mike video's on it any opinions please thanks

.mp3    WAYFARING STRANGER mix 1 .mp3 --  (Download: 11.71 MB)

Hi kiddo,

First thing that attracts my attention is the bass, because that's quit loud (for me it's to loud) and overpowers the other instruments.
Next thing is that the voice (an already somewhat overcompressed recording) could be brighter and more lively (more volume?, less compression?, more high end boost?).
(01-01-2017, 01:51 PM)Rob Brand Wrote: Hi kiddo,

First thing that attracts my attention is the bass, because that's quit loud (for me it's to loud) and overpowers the other instruments.
Next thing is that the voice (an already somewhat overcompressed recording) could be brighter and more lively (more volume?, less compression?, more high end boost?).
Yeh I agree a tad too high, The voice, I was trying not too go to far with it ie. multiple reverbs and delay. Probably used a little too much compression. The bass end is always hard as my monitors are on the cheap end of things (tannoys 502s, large old Wharvedale hifi speakers and a logitech surround system).Still Have a lot to learn. Thanks for the input much appreciated.
Had another go at this, tried to balance a little better make it a little more open
finding a balance for bass a little difficult. Anyway tell me if anything needs attention...............

.mp3    WAYFARING STRANGER 2nd mix.mp3 --  (Download: 11.71 MB)