Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Still Flyin remix
Hi, this is my remix (with mastering). The drums aren't triggered, I added some reverb to the kick drum and the snare. Hope you like it!

UPDATE: Here is the new version. I tried to tone down the reverb of the snare, deleting all that muddiness that could ruin the sound of the other instruments.

.mp3    still flyin\' mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 10.66 MB)

.mp3    still flyin\' 2 master mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 10.66 MB)

I think if you tone down the effects on the drums and the mastering this will sound a lot better. The snare reverb is especially way too much. I just found out about half a second ago that there is a released version of this song on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ5EoQHbVTM Check this out and compare your mix with it. It should help you get a better idea of the sound to go for!
Thanks for the advice. I heard much difference in the slow part of the song (the part without the guitars). Is it a good choice using an automation clip that tones down the reverb of the snare in that part?
I think the reverb should be pulled down through the whole mix. Oo, or try high passing the snare reverb, to around 400 or 500 hz to get rid of the muddiness of it. That could help. You'll have to bear with me as I'm still learning how to pick out and describe what I'm hearing!
Your rhythm guitars sounds really nice and chunky but the Lead feel a little two wide and the bottom snare is a bit too present in the mix for my personal taste but saying that I like a heavy snare Tongue
The leads seem wide because I panned one guitar in the left and one in the right. The only disadvantage is that there is a part of the guitar solo I'm the left and a part on the right, but I thought it wasn't very bad Big Grin. I'll try to reduce the snare reverb a bit and high pass it. I'll post the new version.
I agree with the previous snare comments. I also feel the mix is suffering from over limiting. The guitars sound good. Cheers
Posted the new version. Tell me what do you think!