Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I replaced the drums but not the overheads.

I reamped the Bass using a Sans Amp DI Driver.

I phase aligned the guitars

This was a challenge to get everything to sit right.

Here it is.

UPDATE: Piers 2

I did some minor editing by fading heads and tails of breaks in the song.

I noticed noise floor of snare so I added a gate to the top snare.

I re worked the vocals because they sounded disembodied and now they are marginally better.

Update 2: Piers 3

I took a listen in mono and did not like the guitars among other things.

I used the two main guitar mics only in this take.
I worked on the bass a little more trying like hell to maintain the musicality of the instrument while removing that useless low freq hum, I got it as good as I' m going to get it.

For the most part the mix sounds a lot tighter and I'm pleased with the outcome.

Feedback is welcome.


.mp3    Piers 3.mp3 --  (Download: 10.99 MB)

.mp3    Peirs.mp3 --  (Download: 11.01 MB)

.mp3    Piers2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.96 MB)

My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
Thanks for your feedback! Listened version 3. The overall sound seems, how to say, untransparent, as if nothing gets through the main soundfield. The mix in itself is very solid and well thought, and the drum samples are fitting nicely. ^_^