Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XXXV BR00T4L Mix
Alittle late to the party here on this one, nevertheless I made this mix in about an hour and a half and in the spirit of 2008 era Deathcore bands gave it a slammed sounding master with lots of brickwall limiting Big Grin. This was made more for fun and I'm probably going to go back and revise it later on (the kick is pretty loud at certain points and some of my automation needs to be tweaked)

Cheers,
Doug

Update 2017: I've come back to this track after re listening to my last post on this track. I doesn't sound all that great and I thought it could use a refresh. I used the same samples as last time but I focused more on beefing up the sound of the track more and making it sound heavier.

.mp3    XXXV Master 1.mp3 --  (Download: 5.7 MB)

.mp3    XXXV 2017 Mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 5.67 MB)

Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
Good mix man..

one huge complain though.. on the fast parts the kick low end builds up a lot.
Also the left guitar sounds sharper than the right one? my ears could be deceiving me.. idk Lol
Cymbals are too prominent.. and they have a harsh freq. i can't pin point it.
(27-12-2016, 04:23 AM)Shul Wrote: Good mix man..

one huge complain though.. on the fast parts the kick low end builds up a lot.
Also the left guitar sounds sharper than the right one? my ears could be deceiving me.. idk Lol
Cymbals are too prominent.. and they have a harsh freq. i can't pin point it.

Thanks Shul!

The guitars are just you, I put them to one group and only Eq'd and processed the group, not the individual tracks. The kicks had an instance of RBass on there to beef them up but I've since taken them off in my new mix. The cymbals had a harsh frequency spike at 2.6 kHz and the 4 kHz region which makes them more noticeable, I made an almost 8.5 dB cut there on my new mix as well.

Cheers,
Doug

.mp3    XXXV Master 2.mp3 --  (Download: 5.64 MB)

Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
Sounds a lot smoother without the low end build up. It sounds a lot clearer too. Smile
Sounds good to my ears. I like your bass distortion.

Is not going so well for me.. but I'll post whatever I can come up with lol.
(27-12-2016, 07:22 AM)Shul Wrote: Sounds a lot smoother without the low end build up. It sounds a lot clearer too. Smile
Sounds good to my ears. I like your bass distortion.

Is not going so well for me.. but I'll post whatever I can come up with lol.

I wouldn't say cleaner ( I really cranked up the limiting and soft clipper I used on the master) but less harsh Big Grin.
The bass distortion is just TSE BOD V1.0 and L1 working overtime!

cheers,
Doug

Here's a new mix and master, this time I sample replaced the drums and tried to polish it up abit more overall, the mastering is still cranked up though Big Grin

.mp3    XXXV Master 2 With Samples.mp3 --  (Download: 5.71 MB)

New Mix in the OP, it's not as loud as the other versions that I made so if you're going to compare them, just gain down the other mixes in your DAW