Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tom McKenzie / Directions
Great job!
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Lovely sounding mix !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Very good mix juanjose!I love your percussions especially the shaker!!
The only thing i would like different is the low end of your acoustic.I would take down some 200-250 hz and get some more 100 hz bat that would be me.
Keep up the good work!!
thank you gopener! I'm still a newbie and I still don't have the skills to clearly recognize the spectrum areas that should go up or down in order to make a mix sound better. But I'm learning fast with the help of everybody here and I believe that soon I will be able to do it on my own.

By the way, I've seen in your profile that you're from Greece. Εγώ μιλάω τα ελληνικά και έχω την Ελλάδα στην καρδιά μου Smile
no one is pro here, i think, we all learn and we never going to stop learning!You are good and you going to be better, it doesn't matter if you can recognise frequencies, you will a little at a time!Keep experiment and grab tips from the masters Wink!
Πώς ξέρεις Ελληνικά!?Έχεις καταγογή απο εδώ?Big Grin
όχι! Ισπανός είμαι! απλά μου αρέσουν οι γλώσσες και το 1997 άρχισα να μαθαίνω τα Ελληνικά. Ακόμα συνεχίζω και έχω μερικούς φίλους στην Ελλάδα
Μπορώ να παίξω αυτό το παιχνίδι πάρα πολύ? Big Grin Big Grin
(Can't speak a word, by the way) lol!
So many songs, so little time!
hehehehehehehehe lets play the game Tongue!
I am hoping this september to come in Spain!Very beautiful country.
I hope you like my country as much as I like Greece... but believe me, that's something difficult to achieve Wink
I listend the last version in post #5.

Some small thing came to my mind.

Too long reverb with vocals when compare to the room of the band.
Stick is nice and full, but there you could try plate or room reverb to give it a small tail.

You might try to check the balance between bass and drums by soloing them. Together they are the rhythmic backbone of this song from 0:50 onwards. Think them as one instrument and listen if that instrument is in balance alone. Is it walking evenly, or is the other leg longer than other? Normally I want to find the balance when everything is on, but sometimes it's good to check the balance of some interplaying elements by muting everything else out.