Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roots Of Mankind My MIX
(25-12-2016, 11:13 AM)MixingInTheBedroom Wrote:
(24-12-2016, 05:43 PM)Andreas Tyranopoulos Wrote:
(23-12-2016, 10:21 AM)MixingInTheBedroom Wrote: Very good mix indeed. I really liked the snappy snare in the verse. What compressor did you use for that? Sounds like an hardware comp.

Hello dude! Thanks for your kind words!
On the top snare I use from slate digital virtual mix rack the FG-401 with slow attack, medium release, 4:1 ratio and circuit 1.
On the bottom snare I use no compression.
And I use some samples from steven slate trigger together.
I hope this helps. Smile

Hey thank you Andreas for the answer! Slate stuff sounds indeed very good. Though I don't have them. Did you watch the CLA-Slate mixing tutorial? That tutorial changed my mixing approach totally. From now on I don't comp OH, reverb is only on room mic, I generally use VCA compressors etc.

Your drum sound is great! Keep it up.

Thanks again dude! It's true these plug-ins are amazing and the trigger too. No unfortunately I did watch no tutorial. Funny thing is that in this mix I started with no compression on OH but finally I checked them with compression and I think it's better now. When I mix drums I listen to the cymbals in context and try to focus on the sustain. If I think they need more sustain then I add some vca style compressor. If not then I do no compression.