Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roots Of Mankind My MIX
Hello guys! What a great song with sooo nice recorded tracks! Thanks to the band for this multitrack! I hope you will like my mix! Cheers!!

Version 2 is here and it's all about the advice of Mandubien and mick2015!

.mp3    Roots Of Mankind.mp3 --  (Download: 13.36 MB)

.mp3    Roots Of Mankind 2.mp3 --  (Download: 13.36 MB)

It's a good mix Smile
Very good mix indeed. I really liked the snappy snare in the verse. What compressor did you use for that? Sounds like an hardware comp.
Hi Andreas ! I'm Perpetual Escape's drummer. It's a pleasure to share our songs here Smile You will have more in the coming months, and some big challenges !

I really like your mix ! It sounds very powerful, and you make my drums sound terrific ! Which samples did you use ?
I think you're the only one who set the rhythm guitars to their right place, behind the melodic guitars (well, at least that's what we wanted when I originally mixed the song).

I noticed only three little things : the double vocals by Laurent are louder than the lead vocals by Anaïs which is a bit disturbing. I think the drums could be a little louder in the mix. Finally, I noticed some artefacts in the drums, probably coming from the samples (listen carefully to the toms during the solo and the outro).

Great job here ! Congrats ! Smile
Nice mix, Andreas. I would cut a bit of the low-mids from the guitars to open things up a bit.
(23-12-2016, 07:42 AM)Shul Wrote: It's a good mix Smile

Thanks a lot! Cheers!! Smile
(23-12-2016, 10:21 AM)MixingInTheBedroom Wrote: Very good mix indeed. I really liked the snappy snare in the verse. What compressor did you use for that? Sounds like an hardware comp.

Hello dude! Thanks for your kind words!
On the top snare I use from slate digital virtual mix rack the FG-401 with slow attack, medium release, 4:1 ratio and circuit 1.
On the bottom snare I use no compression.
And I use some samples from steven slate trigger together.
I hope this helps. Smile
(23-12-2016, 12:07 PM)Mandubien Wrote: Hi Andreas ! I'm Perpetual Escape's drummer. It's a pleasure to share our songs here Smile You will have more in the coming months, and some big challenges !

I really like your mix ! It sounds very powerful, and you make my drums sound terrific ! Which samples did you use ?
I think you're the only one who set the rhythm guitars to their right place, behind the melodic guitars (well, at least that's what we wanted when I originally mixed the song).

I noticed only three little things : the double vocals by Laurent are louder than the lead vocals by Anaïs which is a bit disturbing. I think the drums could be a little louder in the mix. Finally, I noticed some artefacts in the drums, probably coming from the samples (listen carefully to the toms during the solo and the outro).

Great job here ! Congrats ! Smile

Hello Mandubien! I am very glad that you liked my version!
For the drums I used Cla hybrid samples pack from Steven Slate Trigger. I am a huge fan of CLA and I always try my best to catch his sound!!!
Thanks for your kind words and for your time giving me advice for improvement! I will post a version 2 with some changes that you mentioned!
(24-12-2016, 05:38 AM)mick2015 Wrote: Nice mix, Andreas. I would cut a bit of the low-mids from the guitars to open things up a bit.

Thanks for your time! I checked the mix in my car and I have to agree with you!! I will post a version 2 with way less low-mids on guitars!
(24-12-2016, 05:43 PM)Andreas Tyranopoulos Wrote:
(23-12-2016, 10:21 AM)MixingInTheBedroom Wrote: Very good mix indeed. I really liked the snappy snare in the verse. What compressor did you use for that? Sounds like an hardware comp.

Hello dude! Thanks for your kind words!
On the top snare I use from slate digital virtual mix rack the FG-401 with slow attack, medium release, 4:1 ratio and circuit 1.
On the bottom snare I use no compression.
And I use some samples from steven slate trigger together.
I hope this helps. Smile

Hey thank you Andreas for the answer! Slate stuff sounds indeed very good. Though I don't have them. Did you watch the CLA-Slate mixing tutorial? That tutorial changed my mixing approach totally. From now on I don't comp OH, reverb is only on room mic, I generally use VCA compressors etc.

Your drum sound is great! Keep it up.