Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Human Radio: You & Me & The Radio - Robert's Mix 10-Jun-2013
Don't you just love the Telefunken sessions ?
The kick drum and overheads were a bit iffy (imho)... but a darn good song !!
All comments are most welcome.

EDIT: I've just changed the subject field to reflect the actual mix date as 10-Jun-2013. It was originally written as 6-Jun-2013. My apologies.

.mp3    You&Me&TheRadio-Robert\'s Mix-10-Jun-2013.mp3 --  (Download: 11.01 MB)

Nice sounding mix. I would like to hear a little more reverb on the main vocal and on the snare but that's just my personal taste.
Thanks, Sano.

I think you could be right about the vocal and snare reverb. It's always good to read comments from others because they usually tune-into particular aspects of the creative decision making process pretty quickly. I'm very conservative about 'wet' vocals.... and I suppose at the end of the day if the client wanted more reverb then they'd get what they were paying for. Thanks for the observation again, Sano. In a few days, I'll probably revise my reverb choices :o)
I like it as it is myself,pretty good mix you have here.
I personally think you're approaching EQ:ing things the wrong way. If you really think about it, one will get most consistent results across different listening environments by unifying the sounds together instead of separating them. Essentially this would mean pulling them towards the mid frequencies. Here we have super subby kick (which'll surely exercise the subs but gets pretty nonexistent in laptop speakers) and hihat whose energy is concentrated on the >10kHz region.

You definitely know how to mix songs and get them to sound engaging. However I feel that (at least) this one is missing some focus on the midrange. If possible I'd suggest putting a low and a hipass filter (say, 250 Hz, and 4 kHz) in your monitor setup and compare your mix against commercial releases to see what you lose and what your favorite songs/mixes keep intact.
Nice One!
I do think having another listen that kick could do with more click it is a bit soft.
Very good mix tho,very together bit compressed maybe nut not over the top
Yes. After a small break from listening to this mix, I agree, Takka.
Currently working on a few changes :o)