Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corine, Corine
Here's my mix of Corine, Corine

I've been trying to give a retro sound to the lead voice but always in a subtle way.

But... I am not 100% satisfied with the general sound of the song. I think it lacks something and I don't know what it is. I've applied a high shelf filter at 5 Khz but still don't see it "shine".

Is it ok for you guys?

.mp3    Abletones Big Band - Corine, Corine.mp3 --  (Download: 2.55 MB)

Got my foot tapping.vox a well loud.
This song there is so much going on i think you should put all the brass back a fair bit,
I think you will find its flow that is missing.
changes made!

.mp3    Abletones Big Band - Corine, Corine.mp3 --  (Download: 2.54 MB)

Nice sounding mix !
The far panned cymble sounds a little loud ,but it could be my headphones i am listening on !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

thanks, thedon!!
You have the overheads way too high here and all that brass is too far forward ripping your ears off.
The vocals are still very loud too,the mix all sounds a bit out of control ish
The mix is also very loud so try and lay back on it a bit.
Mute everything apart from all the brass and get a nice balance with that lot then
bring the kick overheads bass etc back in starting with your faders at the bottom and work up
to a nice level
Ok, Takka, I've releveled everything and this is what I've come up t o.

I've started to call this song "aspirin, aspirin" after my so many headaches with this mix Smile

I only hope that the singer was luckier than me and Corine didn't gave him any problems to marry her!

.mp3    Abletones Big Band - Corine, Corine.mp3 --  (Download: 2.54 MB)

Thats a bit better,guitars miles too loud but much better than it was well done
Let's leave Corine rest for a while now... I'll give it a try again in the future. But again, thank you for the tips!
Lol,never leave un finished work.I was watching a thing today and a pro mixer mixed a track 5 times
and still never liked the mix