Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KlangBild-Mix of 'You & Me & The Radio'
Hi all,
here is my mix of 'You & Me & The Radio'.
What do you think?

Thanks,
Martin

.mp3    \'You & Me & The Radio\'.mp3 --  (Download: 8.98 MB)

Another great mix of yours Martin !

At least here's the kick sound i was waiting for.... !
Nothing really usefull for the community to point out... as it's in an objective point of view, absolutely perfect.
I respect your choices, and i won' tell what i would have done or not... taste is a thing, but mixing is another one !

You managed the all song perfectly.

And gave me the will to have a shot at it !

Great job Martin

Cheers.
Ok... just for "pleasure" to say something critical ...
Your kick is beautiful, indeed, but maybe you abused half a dB or so on it ? Smile Comparaed to the rest of the kit, it's a little upfront, not in volume, but maybe if you control the "organic" low end of it (63Hz), it'll fit better in the mix.
This is really a smaaaaaaaaaaaaalllll detail !

I listened to it again to start my day, my 5yo son loves it ! And he's a hard one with music... Wink

Well done !

Downloading the tracks and let's go for my vision of this nice song !
Hi it's me again... sorry, but new ideas coming to my mind !

Could you please share with the community your treatment on drums, bass, guitars, lead, etc ...
Without being too much "clinical precise", knowing how you achieved such a good result could help a lot here !
And i'm also very interested ! Smile

Ok, i'll let you reply to my 3 posts, sorry for that, but while i'm here, maybe tweaking the lead a little (maybe 0,5 to 1 dB up) and a sweet "passive high shelf" around 16k (know what i mean? Wink) could make them sound even better !

Have a great day.
Hey Klangbild.

Wicked mix, mate!
Another song I haven't downloaded yet but you have certainly set a high benchmark for me when I finally get around to it.
Very commercial sounding.

Dags
So many songs, so little time!
Nice vox here,great mix nice one
Klangbild

Wow, very impressed with the quality of this. Flat without any odd frequencies jumping out at me. Great stereo frield and balanced instruments. I love the doubled effect (i believe that's what it's called) on the voice in the chorus. It sounds like you did the same on the background voices as well and I'm not sure I like that. It also sounds very warm. Bass is well controlled and sounds great, kick is spot on, snare is fantastic, lead vox is awesome. Great job on the guitar leads..... Something about the piano at the end bothers me... not sure what it is but it almost sounds like it jumps out at you and it's not mixed in properly... Not sure how to fix that. - compressions - less high's - less reverb.... not sure.

Overall, it sounds like this is pro-level..... I'm impressed and you make me want to go home and try this out myself..... :-)

Thanks for the insperation!

Sab
Lots of things right in this mix definitely. Nice spectrum and generally great balances.

I personally see only two "minor problems" in this mix:

1: The compression usage in general is not quite there yet IMO. Despite compression usage I'm not hearing the kind of fullness I am expecting. I don't think the answer is more compression, but change in tactics perhaps (?). Try your luck with slower attacks and faster releases. Slower attacks give you more presence (which this mix might be lacking just a little bit) and faster releases give you "closer" (and therefore fuller) sound.

2: General balances are great, but there isn't any "wow" factor here which would stem from aggressive riding. Make the chorus sound as big as possibly can with using volume automation (ride the guitars and/or drum parallel subgroups up for example) to give those impressions that the song is really hitting you during those big moments.

But in general this was good mix.
hi all,
I'm really impressed with the nice comments, but also by the competent review!!!
Spede: you are right with the missing "wow" factor. I try another version with some automation...hm, I hope it does not fly all around my ears. Shall occur no competition between the sounds. (... oh God, my english ... puuhh).

O.k. it starts mixing...

Martin
another one...
does anyone know in which thread I find this song? I downloaded this song some time ago as a multi track, but only now ready mixed.

Thanks,
Martin

.mp3    Thank you.mp3 --  (Download: 7.17 MB)