Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WIND - Funky To The Bone
Hello Guys. This is my version of that song

.mp3    WIND – Funky To The Bone.mp3 --  (Download: 15.6 MB)

Hello Greg,

Listening with headphones, tonally I like what I hear. There is just a balance issue that I think you could work on a little more. The second guitar part sounds somewhat over powering when it comes in and I think the balance of the vocal parts as a whole could refined also. For me, I found this song quite challenging as far as getting the levels right.

Also listen for the snare builds throughout the song. Sounds like your snare gate is interfering and chopping them off below the threshold.

Nice work so far.

Dave
(14-12-2016, 11:16 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Hello Greg,

Listening with headphones, tonally I like what I hear. There is just a balance issue that I think you could work on a little more. The second guitar part sounds somewhat over powering when it comes in and I think the balance of the vocal parts as a whole could refined also. For me, I found this song quite challenging as far as getting the levels right.

Also listen for the snare builds throughout the song. Sounds like your snare gate is interfering and chopping them off below the threshold.

Nice work so far.

Dave
Thank you Dave. I am going to repair those problems.
Hi Greg,
welcome to this awesome site.
Listening in mono on a behritone and headphones at the moment.

Hearing the same as Dave with the second guitar being overpowering especially noticeable listening in mono.
Can hear some frequencies around 1.7k up to 4k overlapping and competing for space on the electric guitars increasing the perceived volume level in that area .
The ( Right on ) vocals at 0.45 could come up more also the organ solo around similar level of the guitar solo which sounds great.
Great job with the sound of the drums ,maybe a touch more body /smack on the snare.

Well Done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(14-12-2016, 11:56 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi Greg,
welcome to this awesome site.
Listening in mono on a behritone and headphones at the moment.

Hearing the same as Dave with the second guitar being overpowering especially noticeable listening in mono.
Can hear some frequencies around 1.7k up the 4k overlapping and competing for space on the electric guitars increasing the perceived volume level in that area .
The ( Right on ) vocals at 0.45 could come up more also the organ solo around similar level of the guitar solo which sounds great.
Great job with the sound of the drums ,maybe a touch more body /smack on the snare.

Well Done Big Grin

Thank You so much for notices. This objective approach for assesing (a lot of details) will help me in my future mixes.