Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roots of mankind
This is my newest mix. I hope it sounds good.

.mp3    untitled.mp3 --  (Download: 7.13 MB)

Anyone ?
I'm at work, I will listen to your mix at around 3pm today (France time)
So, here I am again Wink

The first thing I noticed is the brightness of the cymbals. You can scoop a lot of hi ends to make them more natural.
Another thing you could improve is the chorus. Laurent sings the lead vocals, and Anais is the backing track. You did the contrary and the chorus lost its power.

I really like the tone of my snare drum, and I thank you for that ^^ I hated it so much when I mixed it !

The guitars sound a bit muddy for my taste. I guess you can cut some low mids to add clarity to them.

Keep it up !
Hey man, first time i've heard the tune. The biggest thing for me is that the bass needs to be compressed. Maybe add a bit of low end (don't have my sub connected at the moment, so i can't really comment on the extreme low end) to the bass, but aside from that, it seems like a really clean mix. Maybe a little more punch from the toms at some points where the band is playing tutti during the bridge section.

Otherwise, super clean, and just some warming up to finish it out. Sounds really nice.

Draper
Version 2

.mp3    untitled12.mp3 --  (Download: 7.13 MB)

That's a serious improvement Wink

I'm wondering if you used the bass as it was provided or if you used any amp sim on it ? Any Ampeg sim works pretty well on it, even with some distortion.

If you guessed that I used some distortion on bass, you were right. I did it just to colour the sound. I put a bit of compression on bass to. No amp sims were used. I scooped some low mids from gtrs and , did a boost around 4 to 5 kHz on some of them. I have also redone some panning of gtrs and took some more low end out of toms.