Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
W.I.N.D Temporary Happiness final mix 2016
Another great track i found this one abit difficult because it seems more midrangey type of vibe and its so easy to try to put low end and ruin it, not quite sure if i have done it (iam sure you wonderful people will tell me) thanks.

.mp3    W,I,N,D Temporary Happiness mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.37 MB)

.mp3    W.I.N.D Temporary Happiness mix1.mp3 --  (Download: 11.36 MB)

.mp3    W,I,N,D Temporary Happiness mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 11.39 MB)

cudjoe, thank you for commenting and listening my track. Here its what I like about yours:
I like the spread of your horn section, the driven guitar sound you got in here its a different approach than the rest of us and that its remarkable. When I heard this song the first time I said, Funk 100% but you instead projected this mix as something like 70's hard rock like ACDC on horns, which its a compliment, I love this sound. The only thing I want to point its certain nasality of the lead vocals. I think it may be around 2.5 Khz, maybe lower. Sweep it around and notch it down when you hear the nasal thing and lets see if it help or you could use a multi band compressor on a narrow band around that value. Let me know if that worked for you.
Cheers and great work!
(09-12-2016, 05:37 PM)javierpg84 Wrote: The only thing I want to point its certain nasality of the lead vocals. I think it may be around 2.5 Khz, maybe lower. Sweep it around and notch it down when you hear the nasal thing and lets see if it help or you could use a multi band compressor on a narrow band around that value. Let me know if that worked for you.
Cheers and great work!
I agree about the nasal vocal so i have taken it away"i hope" and warmed it up alittle with mix 2,cheers.
Sounds Good this end, Cudjoe.

I like the guitar tones and the horns push through nicely. Good balance and well managed.Big Grin
(10-12-2016, 10:21 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Sounds Good this end, Cudjoe.

I like the guitar tones and the horns push through nicely. Good balance and well managed.Big Grin
Cheers Dave.
Check your drum close mic polarities with overheads; I think you have some hidden punch lost due to the channels eating each other away.
(18-12-2016, 09:21 PM)Spede Wrote: Check your drum close mic polarities with overheads; I think you have some hidden punch lost due to the channels eating each other away.

Thanks alot Spede for your comments i have made some adustments(mix 3) cheers.