Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
W.I.N.D.: 'Temporary Happiness'
Oooohhhhh freak out!!! Comments are welcome.

Cheers,

.mp3    W.I.N.D. Temporary Happiness.mp3 --  (Download: 11.71 MB)

.mp3    W.I.N.D. Temporary Happiness2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.71 MB)

.mp3    W.I.N.D. Temporary Happiness3.mp3 --  (Download: 11.71 MB)

Hi Javierpg84,
You have done a great job with the balance ,can hear some upper mid bass congestion causing some muddyness and some loose bass below 45hertz.
Cleaning up will help give your well balanced mix some more sparkle.

Nice One !
Hi Javierpg84 it's so tempting to add low end on this track,to me the track is more based on midrange frequencies so I agree with eclipseaudio apart from that it's a good mix.
hey javierpg84

I have to agree with the aforementioned comments, you have done a real nice job with this mix.Big Grin The only nitpick I have is with the lead vox. It's a little floaty and inconsistent at times. You might want to try and beef it up and lock it down with some parallel compression craziness if you haven't already. Just play around and experiment and see what happens.

great work

Dave
Thank you for listening eclipseaudio, cudjoe and Dave. I solved the issue you all mentioned by HP the guitars higher and reducing the bass level by 1.5db. Everything sounds more defined and separated on the upper low frequencies now. Thank you all.
Hi Javier, from listening to both your mixes I can hear an improvement in the second version, it's less congested and feels better as a whole. That being said, it feels really mono with the backing vocals and choir. Did you happen to leave a mono plugin on the choir track, it seems like they'e been mono'd out and have a stereo reverb around them. The guitar solo is also really low in the mix and needs to be automated up abit. Otherwise The mix sound pretty good!

Cheers and hope this helps,
Doug
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
(09-12-2016, 06:53 PM)dcp10200 Wrote: Hi Javier, from listening to both your mixes I can hear an improvement in the second version, it's less congested and feels better as a whole. That being said, it feels really mono with the backing vocals and choir. Did you happen to leave a mono plugin on the choir track, it seems like they'e been mono'd out and have a stereo reverb around them. The guitar solo is also really low in the mix and needs to be automated up abit. Otherwise The mix sound pretty good!

Cheers and hope this helps,
Doug

Doug, you were right. RVox was in mono in both the choir tracks. Thank you for catching that one. I will correct it and re upload it with some more auto. Thank you again