Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Funky to the bone Memphis Style
Hi All

mixed this funky great track, love the guitar tone. Mixed on phones so hopefully got it sounding good.

Let me know what ya think

had an update to this one

Keep Rockin

Memphis Cool

.mp3    Funky to the Bone.mp3 --  (Download: 15.55 MB)

.mp3    Funky to the Bone-01.mp3 --  (Download: 15.59 MB)

Rock n Roll Man in a Digital Age

Ice-16 Interface/Cubase Artist 8/Lenovo I5 quad/X2442/Fender Telecasters/Fender Hot rod, Champ, Junior/ M-Track Interface/
Overall, i really like balance that you've developed in your mix. The bass is in charge, as it should be in a funky go getting song like this. You've also got some nice width out of the two main guitars which means that there is plenty of room for solos (slide, organ, guitar.....OMG its like being back in the 70's Smile).

A couple of things worth mentioning. Your snare doesn't cut through clearly at all times. The raw snare tracks are out of phase so make sure that you flip the phase on one of these tracks. If you've done that already then you'll need to eq the balance to make sure you have enough thud, attack and air.

Secondly, watch out for those Funky consonants on the vocals - they're pretty audible and need controlling.

Good work.....Keep it up.

cheers, Simon
Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar