Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Morel Mix
Hi guys,
This is my first post in here. I've done this mix using sound replacement on the kick+Snare and no room mics at all. Instead i've did a fake room with waves IR1 and used that instead.

On the guitar side i've used the main rec guits (the ones with the terrible spill) and the DI channels with Amplitube 3

There's some editing into it but when i heard the original version i thought that i could did more....

anyways, hope you guys can help me to figure out more issues bout it

.mp3    Endance Dia do Curso.mp3 --  (Download: 7.99 MB)

Lots of sensible balancing here to my ears, and I like the more obviously indie band-centred sound too, as an alternative to the more hyped disco-influenced sound I went for. You've done a good job of representing what's on the multitracks. Nice phaser effect on that synth line too! Smile That tickled my ear nicely, although my one concern is that it seems to get a bit buried balance-wise.

Although I like having Kevin right up front like that, I wonder whether you might do a bit more to sit him into the track -- the delay effects you're using at the moment aren't really blending him at all, even though they are giving a nice sense of 'walls' around him. Maybe a little less level for him too, but paying attention to your vocal rides so that we don't lose any of his inflections. Perhaps a little less low midrange on his voice for the choruses too? Might help avoid him sounding too 'big' compared with the backing.