Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
W.I.N.D.: 'Temporary Happiness'
Hi !
Hope you like my 2hr mix of this awesome song.
mix 2 less bass and some more level adjustments.
Any feedback to improve welcome
Thanks.

.mp3    temporary happiness 2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.76 MB)

.mp3    temporary happiness 1.mp3 --  (Download: 11.47 MB)

I like it. The bass is pretty big, maybe too much but I like it. Keep the tone and drop it back just a little.
The horns sound good. The overheads are mixes well. I can here the individual cymbals without them being washy. That's something I need to work on. The drums in general sound good.

The vocal gets somewhat lost in the music. It feels good in the chorus when reinforced by the background vocals. It gets a peaky sometimes in the mids. Especially on the word "freedom" and "three". Maybe try a slight cut at about 1.5k or maybe a side chained compressor that only hits at that times it starts to stick out.

It doesn't feel too compressed to me. If it is I didn't notice.

Good work.
Sounds excellent to me.

Maybe a bit too much low end, and that’s maybe a taste issue. But with this genre and playing style I think it muddies the groove a little.
(02-12-2016, 03:18 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I like it. The bass is pretty big, maybe too much but I like it. Keep the tone and drop it back just a little.
The horns sound good. The overheads are mixes well. I can here the individual cymbals without them being washy. That's something I need to work on. The drums in general sound good.

The vocal gets somewhat lost in the music. It feels good in the chorus when reinforced by the background vocals. It gets a peaky sometimes in the mids. Especially on the word "freedom" and "three". Maybe try a slight cut at about 1.5k or maybe a side chained compressor that only hits at that times it starts to stick out.

It doesn't feel too compressed to me. If it is I didn't notice.

Good work.
Thanks for the feedback Roy !
(03-12-2016, 10:37 AM)Olli H Wrote: Sounds excellent to me.

Maybe a bit too much low end, and that’s maybe a taste issue. But with this genre and playing style I think it muddies the groove a little.
Thanks For the Feedback Olli H .
Uploaded mix2 with less bottom end and some other level adjustments .
please let me know if on the right track or not.
Thanks for the feedback
I also think way too much low end
I listened the version 2
It's ready now, wounds great to me the way it is.
I like the close dry vox.
(04-12-2016, 04:16 PM)takka360 Wrote: I also think way too much low end
Thanks takka360.
(05-12-2016, 03:37 PM)Olli H Wrote: I listened the version 2
It's ready now, wounds great to me the way it is.
I like the close dry vox.
Thanks Olli H .