Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackie Greene: Dont Let The Devil
Hi there,
my try to convince all of you. CoolBTW, did any of you guys find the AcGtr tracks anywhere? In my download, the tracks labeled AGtr or something in that direction, consisted of beautiful white news only.
Cheers!

----------------------

OK, in this v2 mix I let the drums shine a bit brighter.

.mp3    DontLetTheDevil_Mix&Mstr.mp3 --  (Download: 14.51 MB)

.mp3    DontLetTheDevil_Mix&Mstr_v2.mp3 --  (Download: 14.51 MB)

Hey! I think the drums are a bit quiet, snare is too quiet for my taste at times. Maybe it's just me.. Smile
(01-12-2016, 09:52 PM)ujerovsek Wrote: Hey! I think the drums are a bit quiet, snare is too quiet for my taste at times. Maybe it's just me.. Smile

Hi ujerovsek,
Thanks for commenting on my mix. I like the dynamic build up of your mix, great toms too. But I think my drums fit my mix as was intended. Anyhow, a matter of taste of course!
But your mix is really well balanced and sounds good. In my mix I wanted to retain the live intensity and also give it a rather wide sound stage and the latter giving you maybe the impression of some dynamics inconsistencies in the overall mix balance.
Hi sgwork,

Yes, as said, matter of taste and what you intended. I think you managed to retain the 'live' feeling of the song. For me it was a big unknown how to keep the 'live' feeling but nevertheless 'upgrade' the song a bit. Some of the other guys went into direction of 'first polish then mix' (gating, etc) but I rather kept the tracks pretty much as they were. How much did you 'clean' the tracks?

(02-12-2016, 08:14 AM)sgwork Wrote:
(01-12-2016, 09:52 PM)ujerovsek Wrote: Hey! I think the drums are a bit quiet, snare is too quiet for my taste at times. Maybe it's just me.. Smile

Hi ujerovsek,
Thanks for commenting on my mix. I like the dynamic build up of your mix, great toms too. But I think my drums fit my mix as was intended. Anyhow, a matter of taste of course!
But your mix is really well balanced and sounds good. In my mix I wanted to retain the live intensity and also give it a rather wide sound stage and the latter giving you maybe the impression of some dynamics inconsistencies in the overall mix balance.

(02-12-2016, 04:51 PM)ujerovsek Wrote: Hi sgwork,

Yes, as said, matter of taste and what you intended. I think you managed to retain the 'live' feeling of the song. For me it was a big unknown how to keep the 'live' feeling but nevertheless 'upgrade' the song a bit. Some of the other guys went into direction of 'first polish then mix' (gating, etc) but I rather kept the tracks pretty much as they were. How much did you 'clean' the tracks?

-------------------------------------
Hi ujerovsek
For me the live recording aspect was part of the challenge. I've learned that crosstalk is your friend and if not then make it so.
Cleaning of tracks I perform very sparingly, whenever necessary but only then! With the lead vocals in this mix one will harvest more negative side effects as opposed to gaining positive results. Sometimes I like to parallel process the lead vocal, but in this case, with the most horrific xtalk I've ever witnessed even in a live recording, this really became for me the challenge of this mix. The xtalk influenced everything, that's why, during the mix, I was soloing the individual tracks seldom to keep the monitoring for my perception constant. Anyway it was a nice experience and I'm glad I got a reasonable result after all.
Could you btw ever find the proper acoustic guitar tracks belonging to this mix?

(02-12-2016, 08:14 AM)sgwork Wrote:

Hi ujerovsek,

Hi,
The acoustic guitar track in my download was also just a white noise, but to be honest, I don't think the song would need it. With the keys and two guitars, backing vocals I was struggling a bit to find place for everything. So far I was mixing just songs of my band and we have a simple set up, so besides this song being a live track it was also first time a got my hands on keys.

-------------------------------------
Hi ujerovsek
For me the live recording aspect was part of the challenge. I've learned that crosstalk is your friend and if not then make it so.
Cleaning of tracks I perform very sparingly, whenever necessary but only then! With the lead vocals in this mix one will harvest more negative side effects as opposed to gaining positive results. Sometimes I like to parallel process the lead vocal, but in this case, with the most horrific xtalk I've ever witnessed even in a live recording, this really became for me the challenge of this mix. The xtalk influenced everything, that's why, during the mix, I was soloing the individual tracks seldom to keep the monitoring for my perception constant. Anyway it was a nice experience and I'm glad I got a reasonable result after all.
Could you btw ever find the proper acoustic guitar tracks belonging to this mix?

>>...it was also first time a got my hands on keys.<<

Yea and one of the key parts came damaged and incomplete too! The Acoustic guitar could have been a nice bed for the keys in the mix IMO. As one can hear in J.Greens "Stand Up Singing" recording.
Cheers!