Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marsh Marigold_mix by Tommy Marcinek
Angel

Loved doing this one. I hope you like it. Something really different isn't it, and fun to mix! Comments always welcomed.

Later..........

Tom

---------------------UPDATE .......11/24/16

Mike Senior suggests that we add our newer mixes to the previous for comparisons and the showing of (hopefully) improvements in our mixes. So, I have uploaded my improved mix and I think it's much better. I think the problem with the first one was too much processing and phase issues. Hopefully this mix is one that I can say is my final mix of this great little musical piece.

Peace,

Tom

.mp3    Marsh Marigold_3_Final.mp3 --  (Download: 2.83 MB)

.mp3    Marsh Marigold_5_Final.mp3 --  (Download: 2.77 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Hi Tommy,

In my ears there is something wrong in the mix. I find it hard to describe, a kind of modulation or wah-wah that gives pressure waves on my ears... I don't know the technical term, if there is any. Maybe this has to do with a phase issue or with compression? Or with my relatively old ears (53 years)?

Rob
(20-11-2016, 10:37 AM)Rob Brand Wrote: Hi Tommy,

In my ears there is something wrong in the mix. I find it hard to describe, a kind of modulation or wah-wah that gives pressure waves on my ears... I don't know the technical term, if there is any. Maybe this has to do with a phase issue or with compression? Or with my relatively old ears (53 years)?

Rob

-----------------------
Rob,

You may indeed be right. For this kind of genre, I think I may have overdone it with compression and limiting in the mastering chain. I'll try to go back in there and go easier on those and it will probably sound much better. Thanks for putting me wise to this. I mixed this with UNrested ears.

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek