Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colour Me Res (FINAL MIX )
You caught me.. I pretty much didn't do anything to the back vox other than group them together and put a HP filter on them for clarity. I now have to go back to mix them more to the center for more clarity as well as compression on several tracks for a more stable dynamic.

(24-11-2016, 03:11 AM)majew7 Wrote: I wish I could speak to the “analog feel”… I assume your speaking about vinyl... I don't own any.

When I say analog I mean the Analog consoles. Analog consoles tend to have a more darker (mid exciting) quality to their Gains than a digital. Digital mixers usually have a very crisp and clean gain. Vinyl reproduces an analog signal and it also adds a type of texture when played back. There are some vinyl emulation plugins that produce that analog sound but I was just referring to a warm tone in the mix.

About the intro I tried more volume at first but the volume as it is now was more efficient in my opinion. I'm not keeping track of which guitar is 1 or 2.. but I assume you are talking about the acoustic ones on left and right. I mainly took them as rhythm driver the main one for me was the distortion guitar. That's why maybe you perceive them as less energetic.
For the bass I used the DI track.. and one of the Mic tracks just to give it a more fuller sound on the subs.. the main one was the DI. I just thought a clean Bass sound was for effective to make better distiction between my kick, toms and Rhodes which live in the center of the mix.

Thanks for your comment I appreciate the feedback. Now I'm gonna go back to the mix and fix those Back Vox because the truth is I didn't think people would notice but you did. Smile

Messages In This Thread
Colour Me Res (FINAL MIX ) - by Shul - 19-11-2016, 04:56 AM
RE: Colour Me Red (IF I WAS IN THE CONTEST :?) - by Shul - 24-11-2016, 06:31 AM
RE: Colour Me Res (FINAL MIX ) - by Shul - 24-11-2016, 11:07 PM
RE: Colour Me Res (FINAL MIX ) - by Cudjoe - 25-11-2016, 05:03 AM
RE: Colour Me Res (FINAL MIX ) - by Shul - 26-11-2016, 03:31 AM
RE: Colour Me Res (FINAL MIX ) - by RVMusic - 25-11-2016, 09:41 PM
RE: Colour Me Res (FINAL MIX ) - by Shul - 26-11-2016, 03:34 AM