Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colour Me Red - Exciting Layered Mix
Thanks Shul,

I'm back from Thanksgiving activities.

* The introduction with the strong panned acoustic guitar is +53 on Logic Pro X (thus 84% pan). It is indeed strong, but since it's not a hard 100% pan, to my ears it doesn't sound uncomfortable on headphones to me. I may pull it back a bit, especially considering your second comment.

* Interesting… there is no panned reverb or delay on the snare. The only effects are the compressor and centered reverb. However, during the intro I may hear what you’re describing. There are 2 possibilities: A) the strongly panned acoustic is creating a psychoacoustic trick in this case, B) the DrumsRoom track is causing what you describe. Yeah, I may reduce the strongly panned acoustic guitar, and/or lower the DrumsRoom track.

* Thanks for your bass guitar comment… I don’t feel skilled at mixing bass guitar well yet. I actually did a lot of research for this mix on how to work with the 3 bass guitar tracks they gave us.

Question) You said the the stereo spectrum may be a downside. Too much stereo spread? Too little? Is there an instrument in particular that you mean?

Thanks for commenting,
Michael

Messages In This Thread
Colour Me Red - Exciting Layered Mix - by majew7 - 19-11-2016, 12:44 AM
RE: Colour Me Red - Exciting Layered Mix - by Roy - 19-11-2016, 02:15 AM
RE: Colour Me Red - Exciting Layered Mix - by Roy - 21-11-2016, 03:33 PM
RE: Colour Me Red - Exciting Layered Mix - by majew7 - 29-11-2016, 01:28 AM
RE: Colour Me Red - Exciting Layered Mix - by Roy - 29-11-2016, 01:46 AM