Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Children of no one_MIX
here was a song i really liked to work on. nicely recorded and sounds great.
reference on vocals was Chris Daughtry "like"

little bass heavy mix but i like it Smile

.mp3    BILL_CHUDZIAK_CHILDREN OF NO ONE_MIX_17_11_2016.mp3 --  (Download: 8.46 MB)

.mp3    BILL_CHUDZIAK_CHILDREN OF NO ONE_MIX_18_11_2016.mp3 --  (Download: 8.46 MB)

Good mix. There's nothing to really complain about.
I think the snare could have more 'crack' and power. It's a little dead sounding, especially in contrast to everything else.

I wish the choruses had a little more excitement to them. Right now they sound on the same level as the verse and it'd be nice if there was more contrast. I don't know if there's a compressor holding things back or what but it feels a little restrained.

The bass feels fine on earbuds. Maybe heavy but not in a bad way. I think a little more definition in the bass guitar would add to the driving rhythm of the verses.

The vocals sound great.

Overall a really good mix. None of my issues are really a problem just what I think could take the whole thing up a notch.
[quote='RoyMatthews' pid='53472' dateline='1479400290']

I wish the choruses had a little more excitement to them. Right now they sound on the same level as the verse and it'd be nice if there was more contrast. I don't know if there's a compressor holding things back or what but it feels a little restrained.

THX Roy Smile

that was my problem also. tried a few things on vox "delay tails" didnt work,but theres nothing recorded that adds something extra than wurliztser and hammond. added some air to the chorus vox and 0.5db louder to give some different feel..

no comp that keeps it dead but maybe a volume issue... ill try and listen and do some automation on chorus parts or leave a note to try something you guys think does the trick Smile
Yeah. It very well just may be an arrangement issue. I thought about a vocal delay too but it sounds like you explored it and it didn't work. Maybe you can go wider? Maybe a vocal spread or something. I dunno.

I re-downloaded the multitrack to have another go at it. If anything comes up while looking at the tracks I'll let you know.

Cheers.
(17-11-2016, 05:46 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Yeah. It very well just may be an arrangement issue. I thought about a vocal delay too but it sounds like you explored it and it didn't work. Maybe you can go wider? Maybe a vocal spread or something. I dunno.

I re-downloaded the multitrack to have another go at it. If anything comes up while looking at the tracks I'll let you know.

Cheers.

Thanks man!
Cool

have to listen it somewhere else with my secret weapon Smile the super music angel speaker. ill also take look at snare as you said... it needs something, maybe snack, crackle or pop Smile

Thumbnail(s)

Added a new mix and tried something to get the chorus parts come alive...
tell me if it worked
Sounds good. The chorus definitely feels a little bigger but in a subtle way.