Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rough mix by me :D Full mix coming soon
Thanks for listening Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

.mp3    All the Gins is gone Roughmix by me.mp3 --  (Download: 8.68 MB)

Hi jake02sg,

Nice and punchy mix! Tonally the mix sounds great, but the reverb is a little confusing for me and doesn't quite set the stage. I think the biggest issue in this regard is the drums. They are very forward in the mix, in particular the snare which is jumping out of the speakers. Again this for me this is not marrying in with the large ambience sound that you have placed the orchestra in. I think if you can rework your reverb and place the drums in this same place, the performance as a whole will image better.

Just my two cents worth, hope this is of help.Big Grin

Dave
(17-11-2016, 08:22 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Hi jake02sg,

Nice and punchy mix! Tonally the mix sounds great, but the reverb is a little confusing for me and doesn't quite set the stage. I think the biggest issue in this regard is the drums. They are very forward in the mix, in particular the snare which is jumping out of the speakers. Again this for me this is not marrying in with the large ambience sound that you have placed the orchestra in. I think if you can rework your reverb and place the drums in this same place, the performance as a whole will image better.

Just my two cents worth, hope this is of help.Big Grin

Dave

Hi Dave,
Thank you for your feedback and advice. Well noted and I will try to make the adjustment for the final mix Big Grin. Thanks again Dave. Cheers!! Have a great day.