Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MerryGold - Mother Lode
Hello. It's the first time posting here. This library is a huge pool for working on professionally recorded songs. Thanks.

I think its a more 'airy' mix. Nice song btw.

Awaiting for comments.

Thanks.

.mp3    MerryGold - Motherlode.mp3 --  (Download: 8.93 MB)

You forgot the upload the song!
Sorry for that. Now I uploaded it correctly.
Good mix.
I could use more BGVs. Dynamically it's a little flat and could get a little grander in the choruses. Maybe automate the accordion or snare or maybe even the decca tree to give a rise to the song in those sections and give more of a journey for the listener.

I'd prefer the bass in the center but that might be more of a personal preference. It's not a problem, though. It's definitely easier to get away with panning upright basses and have it work.
What does BGV means ?

Accordion automated on some parts by a little. Some snare hits exagrrated (at part changes) but obviously needs more work on these elements. Raising decca tree is a good idea Smile

For all instruments I wanted follow real paning on the stage. For balance of bass sound I can put lows on center, upper (finger etc) to right.
Ah. BGV=background vocal.

Yeah. When the room mic plays such an important part it really helps to match the panning of the instruments in the room.
Now I'm working on choruses, seems ideas are working Smile

I doubled BGV's and hard panned L to R. Let's see whats gonna happen.

I'll post when I bounce it as soon as possible.
Here we go.

Processing on back vocals, automation for snare, accordion,a bit for banjo and room mics. And raised lead vox a bit.

And I realise that I bounced track with SSL Comp. on mixbuss last day. I forgot it as active. Now nothing on mixbuss.

.mp3    MerryGold - Mother Lode B.mp3 --  (Download: 8.93 MB)

I finalised the mix and mastered with fully analogue equipment at the studio that I am working on.

It was a nice song to work on thanks to all people sharing these multitracks.

Enjoy.

.mp3    Merry Gold M1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.96 MB)

I like it. Listening compared to my mix, I feel like yours is a little more buttery/silky, especially the lead vocal. Your take on that is like a glob of warm butter sliding down a pancake in an IHOP commercial.

Im wondering how much it shifts it using the room mike as much of a base as you have - if iirc, I don't think I used the room at all in mine, or very very little if any. Id be curious how your mix sounds with the room mike cut entirely, and soloing the room mike, simply curiosity, no opinions on that being a good thing (If anything I would suspect cutting the room mike from your mix would lose more than gain).

I feel like the lead vocal could be a bit more present. Id love to hear the presence of my mix's lead vocal combined with the butteriness of yours.

Nice work, thanks for sharing. Cheers!