Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colour Me Red - Diesel13 ~ mixed by tgraph
I got these tracks and loaded them into Reaper. I spent about a half hour getting things prepped, putting like-minded instruments into folders, setting up my verb and delay busses, normalizing some things to avoid and sharp peaks... normal things. I put just a bare minimum of plugins on the folders. Then I set the level going to the master and made a minor adjustment or two. Maybe 30 minutes altogether maybe. Then I rendered a file so I could listen to it and familiarize myself with the arrangement... This is that file. No real mixing at all. I would say it's a testament to getting it right in the recording phase. I'll go back in and ruin it in the next few days...

Dug back in and gave it a few tweaks. tried to get more energy into the mid lows PLR=13dB

.mp3    Colour Me Red - Diesel13.mp3 --  (Download: 7.77 MB)

.mp3    Colour Me Red 3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.45 MB)

Mixing is way more art and soul than science. ~ E.K.
Sounds like this was played in a cavern. Something tells me that may not be the intent of the artist.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
thanks for the input
Sounds pretty good ,thinking a touch more bottom end and vocals level could come up a touch .

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thanks. I heard the same thing when listening on other systems and went thru it again looking for where I lost the lows.. Hopefully #3 is a bit better. (accidentally deleted #2)