Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Colour Me Red @ The Wild-Eyed Sinner's Ball
(18-11-2016, 11:36 AM)Olli H Wrote: I listened the unleashed version

SOunds great to me. All the instrument sounds correct. Very controlled package.

Some small tweaking ideas:

- Vox is maybe slightly behind guitars. (I listen in quite low levels)

- Is the organ in choruses too loud?

- THe outro is too long for me.

Olli H,
All good points. The exact placement of the vocal seems to always be a bit of a moving target. I did want the pulse of the hook(s) to dominate, however which makes the vocal placement even more critical. I'm sure we all have questioned our placements. I do understand yours. maybe just an automation tweak would suffice in those few spots.

The Rhodes: Again, I wanted this to really push to pounding pulse of the hook during the choruses. Laying it back seemed to diminish all of the instrumental groups instead of giving it its own space and power for the musical section. Admittedly, there could be a lot of other ways to attain that, some of which I've heard in so many of the great mixes on here. My choice. I'm sorry you did not like it as much as me. Fun, right?

The fade was something I tumbled through my mind a bit. How many phrases? I think it sounds good with three or four but it gets a bit rushed with three, plus I really dig the groove where all the compression is released and it just pumps away into the past. Here's another aspect of the choice for the fade as well as the intro. I was trying to think like a DJ and give options for the cross fade to another kickin' tune...LOL! I think the intro is a pretty identifiable opening signature for the song as well. A lot of us tried for that and some of the ideas are brilliant. It is really a treat to enjoy all of the great ideas which get expressed here.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colour Me Red @ The Wild-Eyed Sinner's Ball - by Mixinthecloud - 18-11-2016, 03:31 PM