Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My mix
Hello everyone! Rate my mix.)

.mp3    YouAndMeAndTheRadio.mp3 --  (Download: 11.13 MB)

Wow, akor,

even on my dubious PC speakers your mix sounds well-balanced and wide. I would not have opted for the wetter, roomier drums, but they sound convincing and work well for me. The guitars are a bit far to the smooth end for my taste, and in the chorus I sense a untextured hole in the middle when the singer is silent... that may be the result of the guitars' sound and wide panning.

What I'd reconsider is the use of the two lead vocals. Sometimes they are close and sound like doubling, sometimes they are apart and sound complementary, but sometimes they just clash. I'd go with only one where they clash. I would also ride the "tick tack" a little bit lower.

I hear the song's momentum unfold nicely and unencumbered in your mix, and I think that is what counts most for this song. I like this mix!

Marc
Thank you Marc! reality, there is work to do. Later Iwill try to finish the mix.
Sorry for my english)
Very nice.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
(04-06-2013, 02:25 PM)bmullen Wrote: Very nice.
TNX!
I have to agree with thephonk your version carries the song along nice which to be is the most important thing in any mix. I feel the reverb on the snare does need reigned in a bit. Also have to agree about the distraction of the doubled vocal lines clashing.
a double vocals ... this is not a standard idea. It gives the song some laxity))) I'll leave it. I like it, sorry)On the snare drum no reverb, compressor is pumping.Thank you for your comments!
Nice mix!

You got a nice sonic landscape going on here. The tamb could be a little less present though. And maybe clean up the vocal tracks, could be the compressor. You got some heavy compression going on but it just complements the song.

Good job!

Cheers
/Marcus
(05-06-2013, 10:03 AM)Jamolir Wrote: Nice mix!

You got a nice sonic landscape going on here. The tamb could be a little less present though. And maybe clean up the vocal tracks, could be the compressor. You got some heavy compression going on but it just complements the song.

Good job!

Cheers
/Marcus
Thank you, Marcus!

Hi Akor.

Hope you don't mind me saying. Your mix is getting there but as long as there's such a reliance on heavy-pumping compression, hard-limiting and the pursuit of perceived loudness, the true dynamics of the song will be harder to realise. To get the dynamics, the mix needs room to breathe. I've a hunch it's the 'back-end (or master buss) which really needs attention. Perhaps the back-end is being over-driven (i.e., the combined signals are too hot) for what you want the various plugins to do at the master buss - and this is what I think is making the mix 'grainy'. Personally, I'd take every plugin off the master buss and re-balance everything - also making sure there is enough headroom for the master buss plugins [when re-applied] to do their thing. I make these comments only because I've worked on this song myself and hope there is some value in these words and that they help a little :o)