Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diesel13: Colour Me Red
So many interesting versions of this. Throwing mine into the mix.

Update: I've made some changes and am attaching my final version for submission........and (11/6) switched the drums audience perspective after listening to the original mix.

Thanks Mike Senior

.mp3    Diesel 13_Colour Me Red-ZM3.Mx1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.53 MB)

.mp3    Submission_Diesel13_Colour Me Red-ZM15.Mx.mp3 --  (Download: 7.54 MB)

We're all just a bunch of freqs in this crazy world.
Thanks Roy,
After listening on headphones I did notice the L/R guitars in the chorus were right heavy. I made an adjustment on this mix.

.mp3    Diesel_Colour Me Red-ZM5.Mx.mp3 --  (Download: 7.53 MB)

(03-11-2016, 02:52 AM)Faders_up Wrote: After listening on headphones I did notice the L/R guitars in the chorus were right heavy. I made an adjustment on this mix.

Everything sounds well balanced. Like the arrangement changes to the original mix, with more of the focus on the solo electric guitar in places.

Vocal clarity is great. What did you use as the chain on that, if I may ask?
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42
(03-11-2016, 04:10 AM)jeffd42 Wrote:
(03-11-2016, 02:52 AM)Faders_up Wrote: After listening on headphones I did notice the L/R guitars in the chorus were right heavy. I made an adjustment on this mix.

Everything sounds well balanced. Like the arrangement changes to the original mix, with more of the focus on the solo electric guitar in places.

Vocal clarity is great. What did you use as the chain on that, if I may ask?

Thank you Jeff. I used UAD plugins on the vocal. LA2A-SSL Channel Strip-1176.
Good mix, interesting take in the intro this works for me....
while listening I noticed that the base is a bit hollow I found that if I cut around 138Hz it gives me more depth. My opinion only..
Nice mix - I love the aggressive vocal compression! The bass levels are a little lacking - not much in the way of subs or 'beef' and I think the drums could go down a couple of dB too...
I agree, the bass is a little weak. I'll work on that when I get some time over the weekend. Really appreciate the comments.
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I updated my mix and posted it at the top.