Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
First Mix - Fergessen's (The Wind)
Great advice everyone, I really appreciate the honest and constructive feedback.

1) I will review the song again and see where the 2 - 3k problem is and make the adjustments.
2) I listened to it again at a very low volume and ya, the vocals are quite prominent in the mix, so many tricks for finding the right balance.... :-) .
3) The backing vocals were originally panned wide but for some reason, not sure why, I decided to bring them in more..... I will correct it.

Will update the song and re-post.

Thank you everyone and looking forward to mixing another one.

This is a great site, like having a personal teacher......
LOL @ Xabi. Yes, clangy, ugly hihats that destroy the overhead mic signals are the bane of our mixing lives Big Grin

Sab, Xabi's comment about listening at a low level is a very good way of checking how the mix translates when our ears aren't being fooled (or smashed) by loud volumes.
During the course of mixing a song, change the listening levels regularly, and even switch to headphones for a listen to the detail in the track for a while so that your ears don't get used to listening at the one level on the one system.

Headphone checks also help identify sibilance as your ears are hard up against the speakers and there's no escaping that 7-10kHz stab Wink

Dags
So many songs, so little time!
Yes i will agree for the harshness on 2-3 k, bat you have done a very nice mix!Very good job on unmudd that too!I would only suggest to bring down a bit the vocals as they are not glue with the rest mix.
Nice work!
Thank you for the advice.