Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colour Me Red-memphis Style
(04-11-2016, 08:41 PM)Obelix Wrote: All I hear is vocal and snare drum. I sense bass drum kinda on left. I cannot hear any definition in kick drum and bass guitar. Only thing that shines is the main vocal. You did great job on it. Backing vocals also sound good.

Hi Mate

thanks for the feedback. got some points to review now which is great. Thanks for the thumbs up on the vocals I did put a lot of time into them . Tried a few tips and mix tips to make them bigger

Thanks again and keep on rockin

Memphis
Rock n Roll Man in a Digital Age

Ice-16 Interface/Cubase Artist 8/Lenovo I5 quad/X2442/Fender Telecasters/Fender Hot rod, Champ, Junior/ M-Track Interface/
Hi Memphis,
I like your mix, Sounds solid and balanced ,maybe a touch more upper kick and the beater would sound cool.

Nice work
Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(05-11-2016, 07:58 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi Memphis,
I like your mix, Sounds solid and balanced ,maybe a touch more upper kick and the beater would sound cool.

Nice work
Cheers Big Grin

Thanks mate, gonna put up a final take soon so will take all points on board
Keep Rockin
Memphis

Ice-16 Interface/Cubase Artist 8/Lenovo I5 quad/X2442/Fender Telecasters/Fender Hot rod, Champ, Junior/ M-Track Interface/
Hey Memphis, I'm guilty of strumming along to this one with my tele also Big Grin
I like your raw, almost roots sound you have created. Super Cool!
Listening just with the laptop speakers I'm hearing some slight vocal inconsistencies throughout that maybe need a little more comp or automation to level out.
Just a minor thing no real issue. Well Done!!!!

Rock on,

Dave
(10-11-2016, 01:10 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Hey Memphis, I'm guilty of strumming along to this one with my tele also Big Grin
I like your raw, almost roots sound you have created. Super Cool!
Listening just with the laptop speakers I'm hearing some slight vocal inconsistencies throughout that maybe need a little more comp or automation to level out.
Just a minor thing no real issue. Well Done!!!!

Rock on,

Dave
Hi Dave

Thanks for the feedback. I let the compressors do most of the taming but tried to keep it natural, but will definitely look at that ,Got a feedback hitlist to have a look at

Keep rocking

Memphis

Hi Memphis,

I'm self trained so take my feedback with care Smile

I listened to v2 only.

Somehow I feel the mix lacks definition. I'm having trouble finding why, maybe too much verb, maybe not enough mids on guitars, maybe lack of punch on the drums.

I'd back off a bit with the low cut (or a phaser?) on lead vocals which makes them sound a bit thin.

Not sure if you made it on purpose, but I feel that dynamics are not very controlled (the is even visible if you look at the master's waveform).

Cheers,

Moussa