Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Apprehended - Still flyin'
thanks for listening. feedback appreciated (not very familiar with this kind of music)

did a kinda quick remix of these tracks, to compare with the one i did months ago. getting any better?

.mp3    The Apprehended - Still flyin\'.mp3 --  (Download: 10.95 MB)

.mp3    Mixdown4.mp3 --  (Download: 6.4 MB)

Pretty well done, maybe little more work on the drums, sounds as they are disappearing in the mix, especially when lots of stuff plays at same time. But you're on right track. :-)

/C
(05-11-2016, 04:54 PM)Cassandra Wrote: Pretty well done, maybe little more work on the drums, sounds as they are disappearing in the mix, especially when lots of stuff plays at same time. But you're on right track. :-)

/C

thanks for your comment! i know the drums in this kind of music normally sound more like a typewriter but really i like a natural sounding drum too much.
I understand what you mean with typewriter drums. I call it popcorn machine drums haha. As long as you are happy with the sound it will work I suppose. :-)
Thats the big problem with this board, there are no-one who ask for a certain kind of mix. We are free to do whatever we like and as long as we are happy, that's fine.
I guess the only way to get better is to listen to what other people did and when we hear something better that I did then try to achive the same result.
If we start listening to all voices hear who tell do this and do that we will end up in a mix that are a compromise of 10 different minds but nothing from your own.
With that said, I totally respect if you want the drums to sound in a way you like. :-)

/C
i like the intro.

levels are decent. vocals have too much reverb or at least they are too prominent but i believe this is because the rhythm guitars are not that upfront. You are using a bit too much on the bottom snare mic. Kick is lost I would suggest using a sample instead of original. This is a hard mix so I still have not found one that I can say i'm happy with. Keep it up.
gave this one another try...