Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Diesel13 - Colour Me Red
Hi!
Very cool song!
Hope you like my version Smile

/Swetech

.mp3    Diesel13 - Colour me red.mp3 --  (Download: 7.6 MB)

Nice mix ,like the effects thinking maybe the lead vocals could come up just a db ?

Well Done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(29-10-2016, 09:17 PM)thedon Wrote: Nice mix ,like the effects thinking maybe the lead vocals could come up just a db ?

Well Done Big Grin

Thank you :-)
Yes, I suppose a db or two wouldn't harm!

Hey Swetech,

Agree with TheDon, LVOX may need a level slight push.....or maybe slight reduction in vox fx, cos they're maybe pushing vox back a bit.

Nice overall tones. Aggressive distortion on rhodes may not be to everyone taste and the bass is on the verge of over resonating at 130 hz (C3) but other than that instruments sound balanced and well panned. Good Job.
Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar
(30-10-2016, 01:24 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: Hey Swetech,

Agree with TheDon, LVOX may need a level slight push.....or maybe slight reduction in vox fx, cos they're maybe pushing vox back a bit.

Nice overall tones. Aggressive distortion on rhodes may not be to everyone taste and the bass is on the verge of over resonating at 130 hz (C3) but other than that instruments sound balanced and well panned. Good Job.

Thank you for listning!
I guess I didn't reference quite enough...
The vocal is little bit drowned as you say. Actually I like the rhodes distorted, but maybe not as fat as they are right now. The bass is tamed, but should be a little more in that area.
Always nice to hear your opinions and suggestions Smile

/Swetech
(29-10-2016, 02:56 PM)SweTech Wrote: Hi!
Very cool song!
/Swetech

Like it (vocal level sounds fine to me, but not sure if the track was reposted after earlier comments). Nice use of spot FX throughout. The mix has a definite character to it, which suits the song. Cheers, Jeff
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42
(04-11-2016, 09:52 PM)jeffd42 Wrote:
(29-10-2016, 02:56 PM)SweTech Wrote: Hi!
Very cool song!
/Swetech

Like it (vocal level sounds fine to me, but not sure if the track was reposted after earlier comments). Nice use of spot FX throughout. The mix has a definite character to it, which suits the song. Cheers, Jeff

Thank you, glad you liked it! No I haven't reposted the song, this is my original mix

/Swetech