Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colour Me Red mik123
Hi!

My mix!

Thanks for listening! Big Grin

.mp3    Colour Me Red mik123 mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.69 MB)

Now this one really nailed the intro VS music equation - the intro sounds tiny then the music sounds massive. Great bass sound - monstrous! Nice effect on the vocal. The kick is perhaps a little overwhelming? All the vocals could do with a touch of reverb to sit them in the mix. Otherwise - fabulous! That bass sound is RIDICULOUS.
(28-10-2016, 02:23 PM)joelonsdale Wrote: That bass sound is RIDICULOUS.

It is a bit mental, isn't it?! Like this mix a lot too -- reminds me a bit of The Clash somehow! Look forward to having a proper listen in the studio in due course...

The bass sounds great, the growling of it really works with the track! The vocal delay/room reflection simulation sounds cool, automating it in during certain sections (say leave it out in the verses and bring it in during the choruses) would make it abit more effective in the mix. The electric guitar in the left channel make the stereo balance lopsided to the left, automating it up the center when it's doubling the acoustics and just under the vocals would even this out abit or using a mono reverb panned to the right would also work.

Overall, it's a fat and punchy mix, sounds great!

Cheers,
Dcp
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
Hi!

Thanks for listening and comments ver. 1!

Ver. 2 with some corrections! Big Grin

.mp3    Colour me Red mik123 ver 2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.69 MB)

Hi mik,
Love your ideas I like it a lot too !
Listening to latest version the kick sitting better than first.
thinking just a touch more air or rattle on the snare would sound cool ,just a personal taste thing to my ears.
Well Done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

yup...thats a phat mix!

Love the intro too...I was thinking of something similar but couldn't get it to sound like the effect i could hear in my head....so kudos to you. re bass.....reminds me a bit of JJ Burnel of stranglers fame

good work!
Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar
Great, in your face mix!!

More rock than Americana, but terrific!!

ian D
Hi!

Thank you all for your comments! My written English is poor and do not make use of comments, because I have therefore already been poorly understood in the past.

Thank you for understanding! Big Grin

Robert

Google translate. Blush