Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Funky Funky Funky
A somewhat rushed, but instinctive mix. Probably one of the lightest mixes I've done for processing, so I made up for it with some multing and parallel processing craziness.
As I suffer from the medical condition of "Electric Chordophone Auditory Attention Disorder" my guitars maybe a little hot and over done. I did find the balances of the guitar chops difficult to get right with the stop start nature of them.

Great content as always,

Thanks for listening

.mp3    WIND_FunkyToTheBoneDangerous#1.mp3 --  (Download: 15.17 MB)

.mp3    WIND_FunkyToThe BoneDangerous#2.mp3 --  (Download: 15.17 MB)

Hi DaveSmile
At first, nice panning for the reverb of guitar in intro.
Secondly i liked the placement for all elements in mix, this is a clear scene. Really nice sounding guitar solo(1&2)
It's a cool mix.
I miss some kick, this could bring more dance to song for my taste.
CheersSmile
Hi Dave,

A real typical 'Dangerous mix'

Old School: Definition by panning, a great 80's like mix with excellent pleasant slide guit mix with beautiful balanced reverb.
No critics but maybe an itsy pitsy slightly more defined snare and kick.
Great job, enjoyed listening.
Cheers,
Luc

Pro Tools 12.7
https://soundcloud.com/luc-van-der-stap
http://www.aecom.nl
-Mobile and static studios are ready :-) http://www.audioreg.com
'Mixing is pure subjective, once the 1st mix is launched it will be considered as the best, hence the standard'
Hi again Dave yes definitely missing kick and snare part of the main element of a any track,get that right and your mix will be kicking @$$ Smile.
I like the panned reverb on the guitars. Everything sounds very clear and the guitars are nice and crisp.
I used more bass and kick in my mix, but I play bass and drums (occasionally in a funk band), so...
(28-10-2016, 05:53 PM)Konek Wrote: Hi DaveSmile
At first, nice panning for the reverb of guitar in intro.
Secondly i liked the placement for all elements in mix, this is a clear scene. Really nice sounding guitar solo(1&2)
It's a cool mix.
I miss some kick, this could bring more dance to song for my taste.
CheersSmile

Thanks Konek for the nice comments, not sure what happened to the kick, but I have beefed it up in version #2. I agree that it's a pretty important element to a song like this.Big Grin

(29-10-2016, 04:43 PM)Luc van der Stap Wrote: Hi Dave,

A real typical 'Dangerous mix'

Old School: Definition by panning, a great 80's like mix with excellent pleasant slide guit mix with beautiful balanced reverb.
No critics but maybe an itsy pitsy slightly more defined snare and kick.
Great job, enjoyed listening.
Cheers,
Luc

It's good to hear from you Luc,

Thanks for your comments, and for pointing out the snare issue. I have hopefully made it a bit more focused in version #2. Very Helpful

Dave
(29-10-2016, 06:01 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi again Dave yes definitely missing kick and snare part of the main element of a any track,get that right and your mix will be kicking @$$ Smile.

Cheers Cudjoe, Here's hoping I've got it sorted in version#2. Some great feedback and fresh ears does wonders.

dave
(30-10-2016, 02:52 PM)MrGroove Wrote: I like the panned reverb on the guitars. Everything sounds very clear and the guitars are nice and crisp.
I used more bass and kick in my mix, but I play bass and drums (occasionally in a funk band), so...

Cheers MrGroove. I have made some alterations for version#2. Hopefully the kick and bass are more in balance with the song.

Thanks for the comments.

Dave

(28-10-2016, 12:31 PM)Dangerous Wrote: A somewhat rushed, but instinctive mix. Probably one of the lightest mixes I've done for processing, so I made up for it with some multing and parallel processing craziness.
As I suffer from the medical condition of "Electric Chordophone Auditory Attention Disorder" my guitars maybe a little hot and over done. I did find the balances of the guitar chops difficult to get right with the stop start nature of them.

Great content as always,

Thanks for listening

------------------

Yo Dave,

Nice mix. Clear and the gtrs are awesome....nice and clear and warm sounding. Even in mix #2 the snare and kick could come up a bit but it still doesn't bug me....that's a taste thing. As you know, in the past, I tended to make the kick (and sometimes the snare) way too loud. What I am saying is, the blend in your mix of the various elements, including the drums, sounds great to me. A very pleasant listen.

Tom
tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek