Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maurizio Pagnutti Sextet - All The Gin Is Gone (Pierson's Mix)
Hi Everyone,

Decided to try my hand at mixing this song. Ran my drum bus through my lunchbox processors (Rupert Neve 511 Pre, Maag EQ4, ShadowHills DVG). Mixed the rest ITB, courtesy of Waves & Slate plugins.

Have a listen and I hope you guys enjoy it.

Cheers,
Pierson

.mp3    AllTheGinIsGone_Pierson.mp3 --  (Download: 8.72 MB)

(28-10-2016, 03:25 AM)demos1988 Wrote: Hi Everyone,

Decided to try my hand at mixing this song. Ran my drum bus through my lunchbox processors (Rupert Neve 511 Pre, Maag EQ4, ShadowHills DVG). Mixed the rest ITB, courtesy of Waves & Slate plugins.

Cheers,
Pierson

Well this is a very decent mix if you go for that direct and up into your face sound. The piano I can dig but in the combo it gets a lead attitude which it shouldn’t have IMO. Great Bass too. I would love to hear another overall balance though . Just some thoughts of mine, no criticism as such because I do like what I hear!
Thanks for the comments, after listening to the mix on smaller laptop speakers, I get what you mean by the piano being too upfront in the mix when it's not the lead instrument (It wasn't so apparent when I had the full range studio monitors). I'll see if I can work on it some more when I have the time.

(28-10-2016, 03:33 PM)sgwork Wrote:
(28-10-2016, 03:25 AM)demos1988 Wrote: Hi Everyone,

Cheers,
Pierson

Well this is a very decent mix if you go for that direct and up into your face sound. The piano I can dig but in the combo it gets a lead attitude which it shouldn’t have IMO. Great Bass too. I would love to hear another overall balance though . Just some thoughts of mine, no criticism as such because I do like what I hear!