Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
W.I.N.D. - Funky To The Bone
I once heard someone say a good recording practically mixes itself, and after mixing this song, I agree. It was a pleasure to work with professionally recorded tracks.

.mp3    WIND - Funky To The Bone.mp3 --  (Download: 13.85 MB)

Nice Mix parnellij. I like your use of effects. Just wondering if you could position the guitars in the mix so they can play off each other and share the overall groove. It may help with some tonal balance also. Just a thought. Well Done.

Dave
Thanks, Dave. I'm feeling a version 2 coming on. There is some panning going on, but since I have a tendency to do my panning while wearing headphones, I go too narrow every time. While I'm at it, I'll tone down the high end in the overall mix. The very last thing I did was fix some muddiness in the low end, and of course that ended up revealing some harsh highs that had been masked by the muddy lows.
Update: Upload replaced with version... I'll call it 1.5. Just a little more panning per Dave's suggestion, shaved off some harsh highs, especially in the vocals, and brought up the bg vocals in one spot.