Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You and me and the radio (Sano mix)
Kind of a work in progress, I have it pretty much were I think it should be, but think it needs tweaking here and there. I found the tracks had a lot of high end and mixed it way to bright, so went back and corrected it. I guess I should do more referencing. I would be happy to hear your thoughts and suggestions on this.

.m4a    You and me.m4a --  (Download: 9.02 MB)

The mix sounds very roomy.
Also some said on my mix the vox were too loud but i dont think yours are loud enough and the snare is really loud too.
I also think a bit too much vox fx.
The kick is a bit thin sounding but its a tricky kick on this mix.
Thanks for your comments takka. The vocals do need to come up. They didn't seem to sit right for me so I kept them quite low but I shall go back and work them more. The snare is loud, I wanted to push it up in the mix but too much or too little is hard to judge sometimes.
I guess the vocals should really should sit just above the snare level. I'll go back and try and achieve this !
Ok I worked on the vocals, increased there volume and worked the reverb a little. A few other minor changes here and there.

.m4a    You and me(Sano mix).m4a --  (Download: 8.92 MB)

Vocals are better and it dont sound so roomy now overall a good ballance apart from that tambo Big Grin
The snare still sounds a bit roomy and the kicks still a little thin
Thanks for listening takka the snare does sound very roomy but I like the "space" I get from it and don't want to mess with it in fear of making it worse Big Grin Yeah the tamb does feel a little disjointed I kind of neglected it !!