Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
All The Gin Is Gone My mix
Hello guys! New stuff here! Here is my mix to this wonderful song. I think it's my first jazz mix. I hope you like it!

.mp3    All The Gin Is Gone.mp3 --  (Download: 8.66 MB)

Beautiful mix !
Hi Andreas very nice mix, my mix 2 will be uploaded later,well done.
Thanks a lot guys!
Great mix!
(31-10-2016, 07:31 PM)johnfueston Wrote: Great mix!

Thank you! Smile
I love how you brought out the fatness in the horns! Great job and nice overall tonal balance! Do check out mine too!
http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=16849
Andreas, the snare sounds strange to me -- kind of unnatural in the context of the style. (The kick does, too, but to a lesser extent.) Did you use some sort of snare drum sample? I ask because not only is the production style on it different from the rest of the drums, but the rolls come out sounding (to me) strangely robotic. The reverb on it seems a little extreme, too, especially since it doesn't appear to be evenly spread around the kit, let alone the rest of the band. For instance, during the piano solo it seems as if piano, bass, and some of the kit are all in the same room, but the snare is existing in another place entirely, which takes me out of it as a listener. Also my impression is that the trumpet does not have much reverb, while the sax and trombone have significantly more (personally I'd lean towards less on all of them, rather than raising it on the trumpet). If my ears are deceiving me then I apologize -- I just feel that smoothing over some of those sonic inconsistencies would help the mix a lot.
The horns sound so full