Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New mix from Sweden!
Hello everyone!

Im kinda new into mixing and i would like to hear what you think about it. I want all the input i can get from you guys so that i can improve my mixes.

I did this mix with reeeally bad Behringer monitors so i dont know how good it translates, but im about to get a pair of Yamaha HS80M next week! Smile

Cheers!

//CliffySiren

.mp3    Actions - South Of The Water2.mp3 --  (Download: 5.43 MB)

.mp3    Actions - South Of The Water3.mp3 --  (Download: 5.43 MB)

Hi there, Not a bad mix for starting out. I like the effects you used during the song which help carry it along. I think the drums need reverb/more reverb, they sound very dry and up front in the mix. The distorted guitars could use a bit more clarity they seem to muddy up the mix.
Thx for taking your time to listen and comment! I will try adding more reverb to the drums like you said. And i agree on the guitars too. I have alot delay on the distorted guitars to make them sound "bigger". Maybe this is the wrong way to go? Because i think it muddy the mix up, like you said. Or do you think i just need to work more with EQ to add some clarity to the guitars?

Excuse me for my bad english!

Thx again for your reply and i will try to upload a new mix in the morning!

//CliffySiren
My guess is you're probably not hearing some of the low end with those monitors. The bass is a little heavy. Did you use any high pass filtering on the guitar tracks?
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Yeah take the delay off the distorted guitar for a start. That will give them a lot more clarity for a start.
I have edited my first post with a new mix. Dont know if its any better. xD

I added more reverb to the drums and took off the delay on the distorted guitars.

@bmullen, yes i had high pass filter, but was rolling off at 70hz. In the new mix its 140hz. Maybe too much? With these monitors i really dont have a clue. Behringer MS40. xD

Please tell me what you think of the new mix and what i should improve and how. This is how i learn!

//CliffySiren
Nice work on the redo.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Thanks!
The kick is nasty ,the bass is a bit loud.
But that kick needs sorting out