Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colour Me Red
Colour Me Red

.mp3    Colour Me Red-7l2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.5 MB)

I like how you built up the mix in the beginning. Also a cool idea how the chorus vox changes in sound but perhaps it could be a bit more present. The guitar playing the main theme in the verse comes across a bit flat and boring after time (ist it a DI guitar?). Perhaps try something like a heavy slap-verb (or something) to create more of a signature sound, more excitement and feel of depth.

Cheers,
Andy
I like your version of this cool song !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thanks Andy! I will try that out. Thank you Don! It is a cool song indeed.
Nice mix! Not sure I like the obvious stereo effect on the vocals - it doesn't seem appropriate to the genre, but that's down to taste. The snare is quite off-centre which drags my ear to the left the whole time. The aggressive drums are not matched by the slightly soft acoustic guitars and keys.
(21-10-2016, 05:30 PM)LupoPazzo Wrote: Colour Me Red

Like the creativity on the mix. The intro provides a nice build.

(As others have noted) some of the stereo image is unbalanced. I don't necessarily dislike the hard left/right panned chorus vocals, but maybe a third positioned in the center would balance it better.

The mix style seems to be sitting a bit between acoustic and rock ... and I think it suffers a little from that indecision. The drums could be more roomy and less compressed if its more the acoustic mix flavor you're shooting for.
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42