Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Apprehended - Still Flyin_MIX
Hey,

Here's my take on this awesome song. Love the vocals, especially harmony parts.
Little bit Coheed & Cambria and Machinae Supremacy was my mix starting point.

No automation yet, i just put a Vocal Rider on 3 tracks... rest of vocals need to find place on the mix...

dont know if it's too crowded on some frequencies, done entirely on headphones.

GREAT SONG and GREAT BAND!!! Smile love it

EDIT:

added third and final mix!

.mp3    APPREHENDED_STILL FLYIN_MIX_21_10_2016.mp3 --  (Download: 10.53 MB)

.mp3    APPREHENDED_STILL FLYIN_MIX_25_10_2016.mp3 --  (Download: 10.53 MB)

.mp3    APPREHENDED_STILL FLYIN_MIX_31_1_2017.mp3 --  (Download: 10.53 MB)

So, added another mix... cleaned up the earlier and added fx.

Played with good old disco/techno sc-compression on guitars and bass to pump up the track a bit Smile only 1 to 2db reduction and very fast release.

Vocals are challenging because there are so many to choose from but ended up with these. no limiter or compression on master. used Rvox -6db max to balance vocals and Vocal Rider only on read Smile "lazy lazy i know"

Quote:"I forgot how intense this style of production is, and it always takes me forever to get things to sound right." -mgetz

this is so true what mgetz said, this song started from 40 something track count and i ended up with 97. some group tracks, fx and doubles just to make life easier...

but tell me what you like and what to change
nice tight mix! nice fx on leadguitar, and great synths. very good! (i understand it typical for this kind of music but for me the kick could be less loud and the snare less gated.)
Thanks for the shout out above haha. A lot of good stuff going on in your mix. Don't forget that this style of music is just insanely over the top. Drums tend to sound less like drums by the end and more like gun shots. That means heavy-handed eq and compression, then mostly likely a transient designer or clipper or both on those shells.

Also the bass seems to be slightly above the guitars right now, but it's better than not having the bass present. Nice mix!
Sounds almost ok, maybe a little more overall punch on the guitars, except for that it sounds ok.

/C
The Best mix so far. A bit heavy on the mid but that's ok. keep it up.
Thx everyone... will come back to this song in couple weeks. been doin another one and finished...

i think this mix is ok but maybe a bit muddy. ive cleaned it up bit and will continue and post another when its done. dont have any good trigger program but gonna buy slate trigger when wallet is ok
After 2 months returned to this and made some adjustements... This is D_O_N_E!!!