Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All the Gin is gone
(20-10-2016, 12:49 PM)eclipseaudio Wrote: Hi !

Hope you like my mix .

Thanks.

Second mic lowered the kick level .

------------------

Yo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow! I made a previous comment complimenting your mix and I just gave your mix a second listen with fresh ears. I have got to say, your mix smokes!!!!! I don't' know what you did with the piano, but it sounds awesome......I mean warm, controlled, great space. Everything else is just great too...drums, bass is awesome too. Dang.....you did a fantastic job. Now I want to revisit this mix again myself. YOU have inspired me my friend. Great friggen mix!!!!

Tom
tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
(02-12-2016, 03:39 AM)tjmtruth Wrote:

Hope you like my mix .

Thanks.

------------------

Yo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow! I made a previous comment complimenting your mix and I just gave your mix a second listen with fresh ears. I have got to say, your mix smokes!!!!! I don't' know what you did with the piano, but it sounds awesome......I mean warm, controlled, great space. Everything else is just great too...drums, bass is awesome too. Dang.....you did a fantastic job. Now I want to revisit this mix again myself. YOU have inspired me my friend. Great friggen mix!!!!

Tom
Thank you for the compliments Tom.
The secret with the piano is !!!!!!!!!!!!,the tracks where so well recorded imho ,didn't use any compression ,plugins or effects on individual tracks.
Just bump 150-200 boost slight dip at 900-1 k and a slight shelf 3-5k all 1.5db max.
used only a free omniverb reverb on the master bus for some space a touch and helps the mix sound fuller to my taste Smile.

(02-12-2016, 08:54 AM)eclipseaudio Wrote:
(02-12-2016, 03:39 AM)tjmtruth Wrote:

Hope you like my mix .

Thanks.

------------------

Tom
Thank you for the compliments Tom.
The secret with the piano is !!!!!!!!!!!!,the tracks where so well recorded imho ,didn't use any compression ,plugins or effects on individual tracks.
Just bump 150-200 boost slight dip at 900-1 k and a slight shelf 3-5k all 1.5db max.
used only a free omniverb reverb on the master bus for some space a touch and helps the mix sound fuller to my taste Smile.

-----------------------
Thanks for sharing what you did.....awesome, almost magical formula in my opinion....simple.....worked so well for this genre! All the best!
Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Mix 2: Very nice. Great environment and balance. Well done.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

Hope you like my mix .

Thanks.

I prefer the second mix. It sounds more natural and better balanced. However, it could be more transparent. There is a little too much presence in the low mid-range frequencies. This register would need a little more clarity and transparency. The bass also takes up a little too much room. But overall, it's a very good mix. I like the reverb used. The solo instruments sound really great. I like this!
Steinberg Cubase Pro 12 & UR22 Audio Interface.
Yamaha HS50M, Yamaha HS8 & AKG Reference Headphones K701
(Home setup with PC)
(02-12-2016, 04:51 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Mix 2: Very nice. Great environment and balance. Well done.
Thanks for the feedback .
(02-12-2016, 11:29 PM)renel Wrote:

Hope you like my mix .

Thanks.

I prefer the second mix. It sounds more natural and better balanced. However, it could be more transparent. There is a little too much presence in the low mid-range frequencies. This register would need a little more clarity and transparency. The bass also takes up a little too much room. But overall, it's a very good mix. I like the reverb used. The solo instruments sound really great. I like this!
Thanks for the feedback.