Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ShardNet Heart Peripheral Mix
I've been lurking around for a while but never posted a mix, so here you are! I'm really interested in seeing what the comments will be.

.mp3    Hearts Peripheral.mp3 --  (Download: 4.81 MB)

Great sounding mix i love it !

The radio effect at 2.03 is a great effect but a little loud and harsh to my ears !

great work Big Grin

thanks
Don

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

I think the whole mix is very dry,kget the keys up and put some nice reverb on the stabs,just that would give the track a bigger sound.
Great job!
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Greetings and welcome ShardNet.

Got to agree with Takka, this kind of song really benefits from some background movement through the use of delays.
The mix you have created is fine, just missing some of the 'special sauce' to excite my ears Smile
I do like how you have the voice bandpassed and slowly making its way back to full range over the course of the bridge. Lovely bit of production! Smile

Interesting choice to have the bass biased in one channel. It kind of sounds unbalanced until we reach the chorus when the lower backing vocal fills the opposite side then it all makes sense.

Thanks for finally de-lurking and putting up a song. I'm looking forward to hearing what extra magic you can bring to this mix in a future update.

Dags
So many songs, so little time!
Thanks for all the comments! I gave it another once over to try to add in some of that special sauce Dags mentioned, here's a revision!

.mp3    Heart Peripheral 2.mp3 --  (Download: 4.81 MB)

Oh yes! Those little delays really make a difference. They have turned the static (though nice) mix into a song with movement and aural excitement.

You can also play with delay times, amount of feedback, bandpassing the effect return, etc to create different 'flavours' of delay for different instruments or vocal parts (not suggesting you do it with this song, but for future reference)

Nice one!
Dags
So many songs, so little time!
Sounds fantastic !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hi, for my taste I would let the lead synth in the center at the chorus, but apart a nice mix!