Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timo and the Timezone - Just Don't Talk
Here's my point of view on this song. Any comments and advice to improve the mix will be highly appreciated!

.mp3    Timo & the Time Machine - Just Don\'t Talk.mp3 --  (Download: 4.6 MB)

mixing since April 2013
Beautiful sounding solid mix Juan ,sounds great on my monitors ,one very minor thing is the bright guitar at around 2.10 is jumping out a touch.
I have to start again you have done lot better sounding mix than I ended up with Blush

Well Done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

I'm glad you liked it, Don! yes, you were right. I had that guitar part automated but not in the right way.

Now I think it's been fixed!

Thank you!! Wink

.mp3    Timo & the Time Machine - Just Don\'t Talk(2).mp3 --  (Download: 4.6 MB)

mixing since April 2013
The guitar sits better now Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Sounds great to me. You concept works much better than my experimental version.

I think I’m hearing a bit of ”too small room”-sound in vox. Short 80ms darkish tape-echo might fix that. It should not be heard as a echo, only felt as a thickening effect.

As this song has a strong country bass, it’s natural that it goes to the lowest area 40-80, but then it might work better if the kick stayed more around 80-160 area.

Guitar around 1:10 sound weird, or at least it doesn’t have a ”country” sound.
Hi, Olli! thank you for your comments! I added a guitar amp to the DI track in order to make it sound warmer but I didn't think about a country sound at that time. Now I think I've fixed that.

The small room you were listening was a small-room plate on it, but now I've made it bigger.

About the bass and kick, I've tried to make them dominate in different areas now.

I hope it's now better Smile

.mp3    Timo & the Time Machine - Just Don\'t Talk(3).mp3 --  (Download: 4.6 MB)

mixing since April 2013