Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Mix, My Decisions
I am influenced by Metal, so i tried to make it aggressive, but maybe that is wrong. I spent some time to make the drums bigger, because i thought that is the only way to get the guitars fatter, which didn't really fit to the song at first.
There were really too much tracks available. To get some longtime dynamics i used Automation to fade bass down a bit and to mute the room in the verse. I also followed Mike's advice and Chose 1 mono room and 1 sterio room.
The solo is really great. I made it as loud as possible and very wet. It sits nearly perfect in the mix in my mind. Dunno why it is in mike's mix so quiet.

Overall the song is great. I had a good time mixing it.
I hope someone can show me up some mistakes.

.mp3    Mixdown(10).mp3 --  (Download: 4.64 MB)

Hi Tmny,

wow, that is a surprising mix Smile

For my taste the snare does not fit into it, though. And that is the biggest problem I have with your mix. Where you need to be a bit careful, though, is the frequency relationship of guitars and vocals. The latter gets a bit lost from time to time.

Anyway, interesting take.

Cheers
Artbass
Hey,
thank you for listening. I am not really able to hear that frequency guitar-vocal things yet, which is frustating. Maybe i can blame my headphones but however I am going to practice it and hope i can hear it someday : )