Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PlaceForUsMix
Another one beautiful song)))

.mp3    A Plase For Us.mp3 --  (Download: 5.31 MB)

I like your version ,the vocals sounding a touch full in the low frequencies .

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hi Konek,
So you're still finding songs to mix, I though you might have ran out by now lolBig Grin

I like you balance and energy. I also love the piano and the ambience around it. I would probably like to hear the piano more strongly featured as the song builds. I feel it holds a strong part to the songs structure as it builds and releases. This is just my opinion of course. Well Done!

I still wish I could mix as quick as you Tongue You're a mixing machine Konek Big Grin
Thank you Don for listening and advices!
CheersBig Grin
Hi DaveSmile
I guess that the piano must be more bright and strong in this song, but unfortunately i had to hide some defects of this trackHuh
I stiil hope that I didn't bore everyone here with my information stream. SorryCool
Thank for feedback!
(11-10-2016, 06:39 PM)Konek Wrote: Another one beautiful song)))

Konek, this is a nice balanced mix. I like how you bring the backing vocals up front and how you used similar vision as mine for the mix. Did you feel that the percussion and vocals are the ones selling the song? If so we are on the same page. In the outro, I feel you need another instrument to balance the stereo field with the strings. I hear it a little bit unbalanced to the left. Otherwise, it sounds very good. Good job!!!
To be honest, I did not attach much importance to outroDodgy Next time i'll be more careful!
Thank you for attentive listening! CheersSmile
How did you get bass to cut through ? A little quieter backing vocals with more air are the way to go. All i hear in your mix are vocals and drums. Strings in the end give this song a lot more expensive sound, so they need to be louder.
Hi ObelixSmile
I'll check the strings and back vocals, thanks!
For bass i used the Smile EQ, if you're interested.
Thank you for comments. CheersSmile
Hi Konek,
Nice mix! Altough i think it could be rebalanced a bit as it feels bass driving the song not piano as i think its more important in this song. The vocal stands out to much. Also check eq on vox as its seems has some nasal freq exposed. Small fix. Nice vibe Smile