Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Just Don't Talk" Holiday Mix
Have just spent the last week and a bit sunning myself on a beach whist on a family holiday. I thought I would take these multi's on the road with me. A laptop and headphone mix, I also used my daughters UE roll bluetooth speaker as an alternate sound source (My mono grot box of sorts). I feel the mix is still sounding some what static and floaty. I find it very difficult to make good reverb judgements with headphones on, but I feel I have taken it as far as I can with this approach I've taken.

Great song, some great mixes already posted. Had a blast playing with this one as usual.

Mixing outside on a balcony while looking at the ocean. What a great era with live inBig Grin

Thanks for listening

.mp3    TimoAndTheTimezone_JustDontTalk_Dangerous#1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.74 MB)

It was Pacific Ocean or Indian?Wink
I liked the room in your mix. I liked your work with the guitars.
A little less high mids will make the mix delicately imho.
Nice work, DaveSmile
Nice, maybe you could have 'smudged' the backing vocals a bit more, as they're not exactly the most golden performances? Nothing wrong with the sound, and the offcentered drums seem to work just fine. I mostly watch the center speaker of my setup and the awful looking DIY acoustics behind it in my windowless small home studio. I use a JBL GO! bluetooth speaker as a sort of grot box when working with spoken word. I just thought that you should know. ^_^
(06-10-2016, 01:43 PM)Konek Wrote: It was Pacific Ocean or Indian?Wink
I liked the room in your mix. I liked your work with the guitars.
A little less high mids will make the mix delicately imho.
Nice work, DaveSmile

Thanks Konek,
It was the Tasman Sea which I guess is part of the Pacific Ocean. South Coast NSW.
Thanks for your valued comments as always.Big Grin

Dave

(07-10-2016, 03:01 AM)kapu Wrote: Nice, maybe you could have 'smudged' the backing vocals a bit more, as they're not exactly the most golden performances? Nothing wrong with the sound, and the offcentered drums seem to work just fine. I mostly watch the center speaker of my setup and the awful looking DIY acoustics behind it in my windowless small home studio. I use a JBL GO! bluetooth speaker as a sort of grot box when working with spoken word. I just thought that you should know. ^_^

Interesting kapu, I guess it's just a good thing to use what ever's at ones disposal, especially if you are familiar with it's signature. Certainly a new experience for me.
Good point regarding the backing vocals. Something that I completely overlooked. Even some high freq rolloff may have helped. I find that I'm less sensitive to these sorts details when mixing with headphone on. Not sure why?

Thanks for the comments

Dave

Lovely mix. I think the close vox sound suits this song very well.
Hi Dave sounds like a memorable moment, it has translated well to your mix, well done as usual.
(11-10-2016, 05:29 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi Dave sounds like a memorable moment, it has translated well to your mix, well done as usual.

Thanks Cudjoe, Although more I listen to this one the more I feel that it lacks some energy and excitement. I think some bold automation moves throughout may help breath some life back into the mix.

Thanks for the comments
(11-10-2016, 02:25 PM)Olli H Wrote: Lovely mix. I think the close vox sound suits this song very well.

Thanks Olli Big Grin
Pretty good mix especially done on headphones and grot box ,actually use cheep Bluetooth speaker to check mixes on which is quite honest sounding.

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts