Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Wind - Mixdown (in the Box PT)
Hey guys,

what do you think about my mix?

.m4a    Fergessen - The Wind (SC).m4a --  (Download: 5.92 MB)

Greetings and welcome, Richard

I can't seem to stream m4a files on iphone so I had to wait until I could get to a computer with reliable internet before I could listen to your track.

This is a very tricky song to mix (as I'm sure you discovered) but I think you have made a very decent attempt!

The main thing I am noticing is that the kick and bass are very hard to hear and could afford to come up in level, but it could also be because the denseness of the 4 or 6 guitar tracks (or however many there are of them) are having a masking effect. So maybe some EQ reduction from 100-180Hz down (HPF) in the guitars is also required to help these elements stand out a little more.
But you have managed to keep the vocals audible above them so well done in that regard Smile

You have tackled quite a tricky song for your first mix attempt (despite how simple the song might seem at first) so congratulations on wading your way through the mire Wink

Dags
So many songs, so little time!
Thank you for the critique Smile

My problem was, that my speakers are not linear (Sad )but I solve the kick and bass-problem in the pre-mastering.

In fact I increased the guitars at 700-800Hz and set a low cut at 300Hz.

Next time I will check my mix on different speakers.

Best regards Wink
Just a little tip to notice the 'esses' in the vocals. They seem quite loud to me. Nice mix. :-)