Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlos Gonzalez: 'A Place For Us'
Hello Guys
I'm dropping my mix. It is still missing toms and has sibiliant problems, also back vox could be bettermaneg but my processor cant make it. Smile Let me know what do you think. Cheers
Update
Some fixing on carlos8 file. Thanks.

.mp3    carlos.mp3 --  (Download: 9.56 MB)

.mp3    carlos8.mp3 --  (Download: 9.54 MB)

Nice solid mix, the vocals and piano in the intro sound lovely ,when the music comes is a great challenge to get everything to glue together without overlapping frequencies cluttering up the mix.
The electric guitar sounds a touch upfront in the chorus could be just the mid bass frequencies.
The bass guitar low frequencies sound upfront and maybe sucking some energy from the headroom of the mix
Wondering if rolling off the low frequencies on the bass to give the kick some more room ?
Love what you have done at at 2.33 with the stings ,drums and vocals sound great.
Just some thoughts while having a little listen.
Well Done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hi LethanSmile I liked your mix and tonal balance inside it. Really nice work with EQ.
Two minor things for my tatse..
Back vocals too quite sometimes(at 1.36 for ex., please listen "OO OO")
And secondly your fantastic sounding guitar is slightly hides the synth track with arpeggiator. Maybe you don't like it so IBig Grin
Well done!
Thank you TheDon for listening Smile
I will look at the low end once again to see if i can improve it.
And the song i kind of tricky. I did not manage well with backvox and synth appregiator as it it lost somewhere. The mix needs automation, i will try to sort it out, maybe ill bounce some track to save some cpu power because at this point cpu is burning giving playback just for couple of seconds. Smile Thanks for advices.

(13-10-2016, 07:40 AM)thedon Wrote: Nice solid mix, the vocals and piano in the intro sound lovely ,when the music comes is a great challenge to get everything to glue together without overlapping frequencies cluttering up the mix.
The electric guitar sounds a touch upfront in the chorus could be just the mid bass frequencies.
The bass guitar low frequencies sound upfront and maybe sucking some energy from the headroom of the mix
Wondering if rolling off the low frequencies on the bass to give the kick some more room ?
Love what you have done at at 2.33 with the stings ,drums and vocals sound great.
Just some thoughts while having a little listen.
Well Done Big Grin

Thank you Konek for listening.
Yeap, those things you mentioned needs some work Smile Ill try to fix it.
Regards
Martin

(13-10-2016, 08:25 AM)Konek Wrote: Hi LethanSmile I liked your mix and tonal balance inside it. Really nice work with EQ.
Two minor things for my tatse..
Back vocals too quite sometimes(at 1.36 for ex., please listen "OO OO")
And secondly your fantastic sounding guitar is slightly hides the synth track with arpeggiator. Maybe you don't like it so IBig Grin
Well done!

Guys,
I dropped next version with some minor fixes. I tried to sort out back vox and and drums. The don i didnt touch the low end, will look at it next time. My Cpu cant handle the session. File carlos6. Thanks for listening, advices very welcome. Martin
Hi Martin! Nice mix! It is a really hard song to mix and I think that you have done a very good work! My new toys are the steven slate's plug-ins and trigger. For my drum sound I used some samples for kick and snare together with the original tracks. Parallel compression is a very useful technique, and in this song I especially used parallel compression for drums and lead vocals. In busy mixes like this one I use parallel compression/distortion to guitars and bass too. I think that the most important of all is the right equipment and to know how to use it. At least that's what I see in my mixes. Tape simulation and buss compression also helps a lot!!

I hope I helped. Any question is welcomed mate! Keep up the good job! Smile