Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlos Gonzalez: 'A Place For Us'
My mix of Carlos Gonzalez: 'A Place For Us'. Any feedback it's always appreciated. Thank you.

.mp3    Carlos Gonzalez - A Place for Us.mp3 --  (Download: 8.98 MB)

.mp3    Carlos Gonzalez 2018.mp3 --  (Download: 8.9 MB)

Hi Javierpg84Smile Nice work, good balance and intersting panning. Well done!
What do you think about slap? I think it's quite important in this arrangement, and sometimes i can't hear itHuh
Thank you Konek for the compliments.
In regards to the slap back, it depends. For example, the first part of this song I feel it need to be more intimate and natural sounding. Slap back for me its useful to trigger walls of reverb in the chorus of the songs. That's just a personal taste. Maybe if I am going for 70's or 80's type of sound I will use it for verses. (John Lennon comes to mind in Instant Karma). What are your thoughts about it?
New version posted from 2018.
Listening to both versions ,It's night and day comparing
the first mix with the latest version sounding a lot more cohesive and open and I love your creative idea at 2.50 .
One minor thing I notice listening in mono on phone and grot box is the panned guitars ,percussion and keyboards drop in the background behind the kick ,Snare ,bass guitar and vocals .
Can hear a little boxyness around 300-400 on the snare and some top end of the bass guitar above 1k popping out a touch.
Of course All just some personal thoughts listing on my monitors !
Another one I have to tackle again soon and might steal your editing ideas of you don't mind !

Well Done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(12-04-2018, 07:40 AM)thedon Wrote: Listening to both versions ,It's night and day comparing
the first mix with the latest version sounding a lot more cohesive and open and I love your creative idea at 2.50 .
One minor thing I notice listening in mono on phone and grot box is the panned guitars ,percussion and keyboards drop in the background behind the kick ,Snare ,bass guitar and vocals .
Can hear a little boxyness around 300-400 on the snare and some top end of the bass guitar above 1k popping out a touch.
Of course All just some personal thoughts listing on my monitors !
Another one I have to tackle again soon and might steal your editing ideas of you don't mind !

Well Done Big Grin

Hi thedon!!!
Thank you for listening and for your review of the mix. I encourage you to try that trick. Is very simple. Use an equalizer low pass filter in the drums and percussion to filter from 250Hz and start sweeping up the frequency range until you reach the climax and the 20Khz. I also muted the last bar before the chorus hits to increase energy and power. This is a trick I learned from listening to Serban Ghenea mixes. I hope you can try it. Ill check for your observations. Maybe the widening effect I am using is screwing the mono compatibility. Thank you!!!